The eighth edition of The Fifth Elephant will be held in Bangalore on 25 and 26 July. A thousand data scientists, ML engineers, data engineers and analysts will gather at the NIMHANS Convention Centre in Bangalore to discuss:
- Model management, including data cleaning, instrumentation and productionizing data science.
- Bad data and case studies of failure in building data products.
- Identifying and handling fraud + data security at scale
- Applications of data science in agriculture, media and marketing, supply chain, geo-location, SaaS and e-commerce.
- Feature engineering and ML platforms.
- What it takes to create data-driven cultures in organizations of different scales.
1. Meet Peter Wang, co-founder of Anaconda Inc, and learn about why data privacy is the first step towards robust data management; the journey of building Anaconda; and Anaconda in enterprise.
2. Talk to the Fulfillment and Supply Group (FSG) team from Flipkart, and learn about their work with platform engineering where ground truths are the source of data.
3. Attend tutorials on Deep Learning with RedisAI; TransmorgifyAI, Salesforce’s open source AutoML.
4. Discuss interesting problems to solve with data science in agriculture, SaaS perspective on multi-tenancy in Machine Learning (with the Freshworks team), bias in intent classification and recommendations.
5. Meet data science, data engineering and product teams from sponsoring companies to understand how they are handling data and leveraging intelligence from data to solve interesting problems.
Why you should attend?
- Network with peers and practitioners from the data ecosystem
- Share approaches to solving expensive problems such as cleanliness of training data, model management and versioning data
- Demo your ideas in the demo session
- Join Birds of Feather (BOF) sessions to have productive discussions on focussed topics. Or, start your own Birds of Feather (BOF) session.
Full schedule published here: https://hasgeek.com/fifthelephant/2019/schedule
For more information about The Fifth Elephant, sponsorships, or any other information call +91-7676332020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
JSFoo:VueDay 2019 sponsors:
Feed Generation @ShareChat
Session type: Short talk of 20 mins Session type: Short talk of 20 mins
ShareChat is India’s largest vernacular social network platform built to enable next generation of India’s internet users. ShareChat is available in 14 vernacular languages. At ShareChat our data is fresh, with most users coming online for first time, our primary goal is to server most relevant content to the users at appropriate time. In this talk we will discuss the new challenges these first time internet user present. We will motivate the feed generation problem and give a walkthrough of Feed Generation algorithm at ShareChat.
- Introduction to ShareChat
- Understanding next billion users
- Feed Generation Problem at ShareChat
- Building a relevance model
- Feed Generation Architecture at ShareChat
- Data Challenges: Challenges in designing feed generation for ShareChat and unique insights that ShareChat’s data presents.
Ayush is currently a lead data scientist at ShareChat. He designs algorithms for content-relevance and feed-generation. Ayush comes with past experience of working on a varied set of data science problems in different domains including Healthcare, Fin-Tech, Life Sciences and Manufacturing domains.