The eighth edition of The Fifth Elephant will be held in Bangalore on 25 and 26 July. A thousand data scientists, ML engineers, data engineers and analysts will gather at the NIMHANS Convention Centre in Bangalore to discuss:
- Model management, including data cleaning, instrumentation and productionizing data science.
- Bad data and case studies of failure in building data products.
- Identifying and handling fraud + data security at scale
- Applications of data science in agriculture, media and marketing, supply chain, geo-location, SaaS and e-commerce.
- Feature engineering and ML platforms.
- What it takes to create data-driven cultures in organizations of different scales.
1. Meet Peter Wang, co-founder of Anaconda Inc, and learn about why data privacy is the first step towards robust data management; the journey of building Anaconda; and Anaconda in enterprise.
2. Talk to the Fulfillment and Supply Group (FSG) team from Flipkart, and learn about their work with platform engineering where ground truths are the source of data.
3. Attend tutorials on Deep Learning with RedisAI; TransmorgifyAI, Salesforce’s open source AutoML.
4. Discuss interesting problems to solve with data science in agriculture, SaaS perspective on multi-tenancy in Machine Learning (with the Freshworks team), bias in intent classification and recommendations.
5. Meet data science, data engineering and product teams from sponsoring companies to understand how they are handling data and leveraging intelligence from data to solve interesting problems.
Why you should attend?
- Network with peers and practitioners from the data ecosystem
- Share approaches to solving expensive problems such as cleanliness of training data, model management and versioning data
- Demo your ideas in the demo session
- Join Birds of Feather (BOF) sessions to have productive discussions on focussed topics. Or, start your own Birds of Feather (BOF) session.
Full schedule published here: https://hasgeek.com/fifthelephant/2019/schedule
For more information about The Fifth Elephant, sponsorships, or any other information call +91-7676332020 or email email@example.com
JSFoo:VueDay 2019 sponsors:
Incubation to Production : Building Data Products for ever changing business @Flipkart
Session type: Lecture Session type: BOF session of 1 hour
This talk will cover our journey of taking data products from incubation to production. We saw that via externalizing and crowdsourcing in-lab experiments, we were able to spinoff completely new products via quick prototyping, thereby preparing us for fast evolving business environment as Flipkart grew exponentially.
The main takeaway of this talk will be how to incorporate data thinking while designing products and adapting as business evolves.
Will cover a few case studies covering how we adapted to important business milestones:
1. Mobile App traffic surpassing Desktop
2. Scaling From a single seller (WS Retail) to tens of thousands and from handful of categories to thousands.
3. Launch of new private label business line.
Basic Understanding of Building Data Products
Akash is a software developer with Search Autosuggest team at Flipkart. Previously, he has worked on building Flipkart Recommendation System. He designed real time and batch pipelines to power recommendations, including use cases such as product bundling, similar products and personalisation. He is interested in applying Machine Learning for pattern mining, and deploying data processing pipelines at scale. He graduated with a dual degree in Computer Science & Engineering from IIT Delhi.
- Linkedin : https://www.linkedin.com/in/akash3119/
- My Talk at FifthEl 2018 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdMyLDb6pP4
- Blog Post Covering One of My Projects at Flipkart : https://tech.flipkart.com/beyond-item-item-pattern-mining-recommending-collections-c9883640381b