The eighth edition of The Fifth Elephant will be held in Bangalore on 25 and 26 July. A thousand data scientists, ML engineers, data engineers and analysts will gather at the NIMHANS Convention Centre in Bangalore to discuss:
- Model management, including data cleaning, instrumentation and productionizing data science.
- Bad data and case studies of failure in building data products.
- Identifying and handling fraud + data security at scale
- Applications of data science in agriculture, media and marketing, supply chain, geo-location, SaaS and e-commerce.
- Feature engineering and ML platforms.
- What it takes to create data-driven cultures in organizations of different scales.
1. Meet Peter Wang, co-founder of Anaconda Inc, and learn about why data privacy is the first step towards robust data management; the journey of building Anaconda; and Anaconda in enterprise.
2. Talk to the Fulfillment and Supply Group (FSG) team from Flipkart, and learn about their work with platform engineering where ground truths are the source of data.
3. Attend tutorials on Deep Learning with RedisAI; TransmorgifyAI, Salesforce’s open source AutoML.
4. Discuss interesting problems to solve with data science in agriculture, SaaS perspective on multi-tenancy in Machine Learning (with the Freshworks team), bias in intent classification and recommendations.
5. Meet data science, data engineering and product teams from sponsoring companies to understand how they are handling data and leveraging intelligence from data to solve interesting problems.
Why you should attend?
- Network with peers and practitioners from the data ecosystem
- Share approaches to solving expensive problems such as cleanliness of training data, model management and versioning data
- Demo your ideas in the demo session
- Join Birds of Feather (BOF) sessions to have productive discussions on focussed topics. Or, start your own Birds of Feather (BOF) session.
Full schedule published here: https://hasgeek.com/fifthelephant/2019/schedule
For more information about The Fifth Elephant, sponsorships, or any other information call +91-7676332020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
JSFoo:VueDay 2019 sponsors:
Accelerating Hiring with Data Science
Session type: Short talk of 20 mins
At Freshworks, we receive more than 1000 applications every week. This leads to a lot of applications for our Talent Acquisition teams to process, which can be difficult. Conventionally, candidate screening at Freshworks has involved a manual review of the candidate’s resume/portfolio which cannot be scaled for smaller HR teams. We experimented with making this process smoother by implementing an automated pipeline that uses data science to score a candidate based on their skills, experience and how suitable they are for the job they have applied for, using thousands of previously processed candidates.
- The recruitment pipeline at Freshworks
- Common roadblocks in hiring and how Data Science can eliminate them
- Building Candidate Scoring models
- Data sources and Enrichment
- Picking the right features for scoring candidates
- Evaluating the Candidate scoring models
- Identifying features that differentiate good candidates
- How candidate scoring models accelerate hiring
- Candidate conversion rates
- Average turnaround time
- AI solutions for the HR in areas other than hiring
- Targetted training modules
- Predicting attrition
As a part of the Data Science team, I work on analysing textual content in deal pipelines and building AI models to boost sales. I enjoy applying AI to solve practical problems.