The eighth edition of The Fifth Elephant will be held in Bangalore on 25 and 26 July. A thousand data scientists, ML engineers, data engineers and analysts will gather at the NIMHANS Convention Centre in Bangalore to discuss:
- Model management, including data cleaning, instrumentation and productionizing data science.
- Bad data and case studies of failure in building data products.
- Identifying and handling fraud + data security at scale
- Applications of data science in agriculture, media and marketing, supply chain, geo-location, SaaS and e-commerce.
- Feature engineering and ML platforms.
- What it takes to create data-driven cultures in organizations of different scales.
1. Meet Peter Wang, co-founder of Anaconda Inc, and learn about why data privacy is the first step towards robust data management; the journey of building Anaconda; and Anaconda in enterprise.
2. Talk to the Fulfillment and Supply Group (FSG) team from Flipkart, and learn about their work with platform engineering where ground truths are the source of data.
3. Attend tutorials on Deep Learning with RedisAI; TransmorgifyAI, Salesforce’s open source AutoML.
4. Discuss interesting problems to solve with data science in agriculture, SaaS perspective on multi-tenancy in Machine Learning (with the Freshworks team), bias in intent classification and recommendations.
5. Meet data science, data engineering and product teams from sponsoring companies to understand how they are handling data and leveraging intelligence from data to solve interesting problems.
Why you should attend?
- Network with peers and practitioners from the data ecosystem
- Share approaches to solving expensive problems such as cleanliness of training data, model management and versioning data
- Demo your ideas in the demo session
- Join Birds of Feather (BOF) sessions to have productive discussions on focussed topics. Or, start your own Birds of Feather (BOF) session.
Full schedule published here: https://hasgeek.com/fifthelephant/2019/schedule
For more information about The Fifth Elephant, sponsorships, or any other information call +91-7676332020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
JSFoo:VueDay 2019 sponsors:
FlashText – A Python Library 28x faster than Regular Expressions for NLP tasks
Session type: Short talk of 20 mins
[0-3mins]: Brief Introduction about Myself. Introduction to FlashText and compare FlashText vs. Regular Expressions Performance.
[3-8mins]: How is FlashText so blazingly fast?
[8-10mins]: When to Use FlashText?
[10-12mins]: Installing FlashText.
[12-15mins]: UseCase 1: Code – Searching for words in a text document
[15-18mins]: UseCase 2: Code – Replacing words in a text document
[18-20mins]: End Notes and Feedback for Future Talks.
Not a workshop
I am a perpetual, quick learner and keen to explore the realm of Data Analytics and Science. I am deeply excited about the times we live in and the rate at which data is being generated and being transformed as an asset. I am well versed in domains such as Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, and Signal Processing and share a keen interest in learning interdisciplinary concepts involving Machine Learning.
- The repository has over 2700+ Stars on GitHub and 15,000+ claps on Medium.
- Radim Rehurek (Founder of RaRe Technologies (Gensim)) has tweeted about this repository here: https://twitter.com/RadimRehurek/status/904989624589803520
- Medium Article: https://www.freecodecamp.org/news/regex-was-taking-5-days-flashtext-does-it-in-15-minutes-55f04411025f/ (Over 15,000+ Claps)
- GitHub Repo: https://github.com/vi3k6i5/flashtext (Over 2700+ Stars)
- FlashText Documentation: https://buildmedia.readthedocs.org/media/pdf/flashtext/latest/flashtext.pdf
- FlashText Research Paper: https://arxiv.org/pdf/1711.00046.pdf
- LinkedIn: https://linkedin.com/in/nthakur20/
- Video Preview: https://youtu.be/s8WP79QU1zw
- Slides: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WZ6MU80Qoz5znd89p9aSzTKxAor4Mo6zMvF2qPKqRyA