FlashText – A Python Library 28x faster than Regular Expressions for NLP tasks
[0-3mins]: Brief Introduction about Myself. Introduction to FlashText and compare FlashText vs. Regular Expressions Performance.
[3-8mins]: How is FlashText so blazingly fast?
[8-10mins]: When to Use FlashText?
[10-12mins]: Installing FlashText.
[12-15mins]: UseCase 1: Code – Searching for words in a text document
[15-18mins]: UseCase 2: Code – Replacing words in a text document
[18-20mins]: End Notes and Feedback for Future Talks.
Not a workshop
I am a perpetual, quick learner and keen to explore the realm of Data Analytics and Science. I am deeply excited about the times we live in and the rate at which data is being generated and being transformed as an asset. I am well versed in domains such as Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, and Signal Processing and share a keen interest in learning interdisciplinary concepts involving Machine Learning.
- The repository has over 2700+ Stars on GitHub and 15,000+ claps on Medium.
- Radim Rehurek (Founder of RaRe Technologies (Gensim)) has tweeted about this repository here: https://twitter.com/RadimRehurek/status/904989624589803520
- Medium Article: https://www.freecodecamp.org/news/regex-was-taking-5-days-flashtext-does-it-in-15-minutes-55f04411025f/ (Over 15,000+ Claps)
- GitHub Repo: https://github.com/vi3k6i5/flashtext (Over 2700+ Stars)
- FlashText Documentation: https://buildmedia.readthedocs.org/media/pdf/flashtext/latest/flashtext.pdf
- FlashText Research Paper: https://arxiv.org/pdf/1711.00046.pdf
- LinkedIn: https://linkedin.com/in/nthakur20/
- Video Preview: https://youtu.be/s8WP79QU1zw
- Slides: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WZ6MU80Qoz5znd89p9aSzTKxAor4Mo6zMvF2qPKqRyA