Droidcon is India’s first national Android conference and is a part of the worldwide Droidcon series of events. This is a technical conference, for developers by developers.
Sessions are for 45 minutes each (30 speaking, 5 Q&A, 10 transition). We will have three parallel tracks over two days, with 8 sessions per track per day. Workshop sessions are 60 minutes each (50 speaking, 10 minutes for transition between rooms).
We recommend you illustrate your sessions with demos of your own code and applications. Please refrain from making a pitch without explaining how it works, as your primary audience will be developers.
Sessions will be ranked by community voting and selected by a program committee with representation from the local community and the international Droidcon events. Confirmed speakers get free tickets to the event. Anyone who proposes to speak but isn’t confirmed will still get early bird pricing. If you’ve proposed to speak, there’s no need to rush to buy a ticket. We’ll be in touch with you.
Participants may reserve their tickets from http://droidcon.doattend.com.
The event will have three parallel tracks. The list below will be consolidated down to three by the program committee.
Embedded applications with Android using PIC based ADK
Objective of this session is to demonstrating the possibilities of developing embedded system applications on Android platform by using a new PIC based ADK board. This session will including a demonstration of how to write an Java based Android application for controlling a embedded board and how it differs from Arduino ADK.
Android Workbench is a platform with the combination of Android development kit and PIC based ADK embedded board. Not like Arduino, Android Workbench kit no need to touch the microcontroller firmware and it is easy to access all the microcontroller peripherals from the Java language itself.
- The session will talk about SDK, NDK & ADK
- Why ADK board
- Scope of Android platform on embedded systems & Automation Industries.
- Benefit of PIC based ADK board.
- Getting started with Android applications development using PIC based kit.
- Demonstration of accessing PIC hardware board and controlling I/Os & Sensors from Android Mobile/Tablet PC.
- Participants are expected to understand what is SDK, NDK & ADK. No need to bring anything.
- We would like to bring upto 5 Android Workbench kits. Participants may feel the real exposure on the hardware if they will be interested.
- CTO & Co-Founder of Ethics Technologies, Chennai
- Having 7+ years of experience in Embedded systems
- FOSS enthusiast
- Contributor of open source softwares
- Conducted more than 25 workshops all over India in acedemic area.