This will be an in person meetup in Bangalore (venue to be decided) with no specific agenda however we are happy to accept submissions for talks if any.
Anyone interested in Rust is welcomed to join. While we will have no specific agenda, attendees can discuss, speak or ask about
- Get help or clarification on any specific topic or question
- Speak about project or something you are working or looking to work on
- Share any specific experience on using Rust in any of your projects
- Discuss any book/topic/library/blog in Rust
- Want to propose a reading group?
- Anything Rust
When shell met me
One of the most important parts of a developer’s workflow is shell. We spend a lot of time interacting with it. People even say mastering it would help one grow into a much better power user. So what better way to learn about it than implementing one? And that is how I ended up nerdsniping (mandatory xkcd ref: https://xkcd.com/356/ ) myself into implementing Dead Simple Shell ( DSS ) xD
Here I am to help you understand how does shell work under the hood and what are my learnings while implementing one in Rust :)
You can find shell’s code here:
- Shell for babies
- Difference between shell, terminal and console
- Understanding different shell features
- Understanding shells from system calls perspective
- Interesting learnings from my experience implementing one in Rust
- Where can you start doing the same?
Hunlo! I am Fenil Jain, currently an SDE at Dyte, where I work on livestreaming technologies. When I am not hacking on HLS, I am a compiler + Rust nerd. I can be found either making some cool project in Rust, contributing to Rust tooling like rust-analyzer, rust-clippy or reading about type theories xD
You can find me on different platforms: