This will be an in person meetup in Bangalore (venue to be decided) with no specific agenda however we are happy to accept submissions for talks if any.
Anyone interested in Rust is welcomed to join. While we will have no specific agenda, attendees can discuss, speak or ask about
- Get help or clarification on any specific topic or question
- Speak about project or something you are working or looking to work on
- Share any specific experience on using Rust in any of your projects
- Discuss any book/topic/library/blog in Rust
- Want to propose a reading group?
- Anything Rust
UI in Rust: Are we there yet? Building "literally everything" in Rust (frontend + backend)
Over the last few months, I’ve been working on developing desktop applications using
iced-rs library. In this talk, I would like to go deeper and talk about:
- Iced Design Patterns and how & why it works?
- How I enabled frontend + backend + YouTube API integration in Rust for the app?
- How can you test your app’s functionalities in Rust?
In order to add a demo on how it could be used to grow your career, I’ll also give a sneak peek on:
- How System76 uses
iced-rslibrary for their new desktop environment written in Rust (COSMIC).
- Is building a UI in Rust really that easy? (spoiler: it’s not: https://www.warp.dev/blog/why-is-building-a-ui-in-rust-so-hard)
A few of the projects that I’ll be using for reference are linked here:
- Image Annotator: https://github.com/krshrimali/image-annotator-rust/
- YouTuber Monitoring App: https://github.com/krshrimali/YouTube-Monitoring-App-Rust-Iced/
I’m Kushashwa, working as a backend engineer @ Abnormal Security. In my free time, I stream on my YouTube channel (mostly about Rust over the last couple of months) and love implementing the side projects live.
I’ve also been the lead of Lightning Flash, maintainer of PyTorch Lightning and contributor to PyTorch & OpenCV in the past. To know more about me, please refer to the following links: