Troubleshooting in Microservices using Distributed Tracing
Section: Full talk (40 mins) Category: Distributed systems
In Microservicves Architecture, requests are often served by multiple services. Each service handles a portion of a request by performing one or more operations (e.g. database queries, publishes messages) and delegate to other services for fulfillment. This session is planned to address tracing the requests with the help of instrumentation tools
Target Audience: Microservices Adopters
Key Takeaways: Tools & Techniques of troubleshooting in Microservices
- logging/ tracing and alerting
- Distributed Systems (Microservices) in the cloud
In microservices architecture, each and every request is served by one or more services like authentication service, notification service, inventory service etc…The requests can either be initiated by user or initiated by one of the other microservices in the system. Say something went wrong while serving a request.Though every service would have been logging along the way to serve the request it’s not an easy task to find all the relevant log messages for a particular request amongst millions of log messages.
Demo: Understanding behaviour of an application which is backed by microsrvices
- How long it takes by a microservice to serve a request?
- Troubleshooting in Microservices: How to identify in which service a request got dropped
• Have 14+ years of overall experience with over 4+ years in architecting applications.
• Have a rich breadth of experience and good grip on application architectures considering non-functional areas like resiliency, fault-tolerance, performance, scalability, security, usability etc…and have clarity on what business needs and has ability to transform them to results
• Have passion in being the technology ambassador and coaching engineering excellence to junior engineers.
• Have given good number of technical talks in my current Organisation (Pramati)
• Have strong understanding of the Software design/architecture/data-backed-decision-making processes.
• Proficient in J2EE technologies in web development and has exposure to UI tech stack.
• Expertise in architecting and developing features for enterprise scale systems.
• Capable of coding and beginning an implementation to get a project off the ground
- My Linked In Profile - https://www.linkedin.com/in/kayalvizhi-kandasamy-78330947