Rootconf is HasGeek’s annual conference – and now a growing community – around DevOps, systems engineering, DevSecOps, security and cloud. The annual Rootconf conference takes place in May each year, with the exception of 2019 when the conference will be held in June.
Besides the annual conference, we also run meetups, one-off public lectures, debates and open houses on DevOps, systems engineering, distributed systems, legacy infrastructure, and topics related to Rootconf.
This is the place to submit proposals for your work, and get them peer reviewed by practitioners from the community.
Topics for submission:
We seek proposals – for short and long talks, as well as workshops and tutorials – on the following topics:
- Case studies of shift from batch processing to stream processing
- Real-life examples of service discovery
- Case studies on move from monolith to service-oriented architecture
- Network security
- Monitoring, logging and alerting – running small-scale and large-scale systems
- Cloud architecture – implementations and lessons learned
- Optimizing infrastructure
- Immutable infrastructure
- Aligning people and teams with infrastructure at scale
- Security for infrastructure
If you have questions/queries, write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org
From legacy services to one-click availability - The Rancher Way
We have embraced lot of changes when it comes to service architecture. When a giant leap was taken to adopt SOA massively, along with it came challenges of packaging, deploying and ensuring availability. With the advent of docker and other container based solutions, we were forced to look at each component as a micro application adhering to single responsibility principle.
This talk is an adoption strategy to employ Gitlab + Gitlab CI + Gitlab Registry + Docker + Rancher + Kubernetes, the major components in a service delivery pipeline in less than the time you finish a coffee, with an extremely easy roadmap for simple containerized application delivery with high availability, self contained service discovery, scheduling, load balancing, clustered storage and what not.
The talk will walk users thorough:
- Quick intro on service oriented application delivery
- Challenges faced and new adoption strategy
- Containerisation and micro application architecture
- CI/CD plugged into containerised packaging
- Delivery through Rancher orchastration
- Kubernetes based HA + Service discovery + LB
All in extremely simple, minimum command - maximum UI based approach, allowing small scale startups and intermediate devops to adopt a quick to delivery, easy to rollback strategy.
Empty hands and all ears, or maybe a Linux/Mac Laptop or VPS if you want to try it out immediately. :)
CTO of Hatio Innovations (A BillDesk Subsidiary), and previous VP-Engineering @ Billdesk and MobME. Seasoned engineer. Occassional speaker.