Rootconf is HasGeek’s annual conference – and now a growing community – around DevOps, systems engineering, DevSecOps, security and cloud. The annual Rootconf conference takes place in May each year, with the exception of 2019 when the conference will be held in June.
Besides the annual conference, we also run meetups, one-off public lectures, debates and open houses on DevOps, systems engineering, distributed systems, legacy infrastructure, and topics related to Rootconf.
This is the place to submit proposals for your work, and get them peer reviewed by practitioners from the community.
Topics for submission:
We seek proposals – for short and long talks, as well as workshops and tutorials – on the following topics:
- Case studies of shift from batch processing to stream processing
- Real-life examples of service discovery
- Case studies on move from monolith to service-oriented architecture
- Network security
- Monitoring, logging and alerting – running small-scale and large-scale systems
- Cloud architecture – implementations and lessons learned
- Optimizing infrastructure
- Immutable infrastructure
- Aligning people and teams with infrastructure at scale
- Security for infrastructure
If you have questions/queries, write to us on email@example.com
Automated on-boarding of software projects using Jenkins v2.x Pipeline
Audience will be introduced to the concept of Jenkins v2.x Pipeline-as-code. This will be followed by hands-on with respect to initiation of simple project, using Groovy code, setup software project in the continuous integration infrastructure. From the simple to complex task of integrating Jenkins Pipeline with standalone build scripts, attendees, who are CI/CD practitioners, will be able to appreciate the benefits of the Pipeline in a DevOps environment.
Jenkins Pipeline-Plugin Suite-Groovy DSL-Debugging Tips’n’Tricks-Hello World-Git(hub) Integration-Execute external build scripts-What’s Pipeline library?
1) Laptop with Docker CE installed
2) Familiarity with basic Docker commands
3) Connectivity to Internet
4) Github account
5) Basic proficiency in writing simple scripts, using, Python or Unix Shell
With two and a half decades of IT experience, across various industry domains, like, networking, semiconductor, cybersecurity, the speaker has put together a functional Pipeline, in an enterprise CI setup, integrating Jenkins, Docker CE, Python v2.x, JFrog Artifactory.
- Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ramanathan-muthaiah-6574352/
- Pipeline Resources: