26 Fri 12:00 PM – 03:00 PM IST
18 Fri 12:00 PM – 02:50 PM IST
Accepting submissions till 31 Jan 2022, 11:00 PM
Videos of the Talks (18 March) are now available Videos of the talks of the conference of the 18th March 2022 is available here: https://hasgeek.com/rootconf/optimizing-costs-of-cloud-infrastructure/videos … more
The evolution of the cloud in the last decade has radically simplified software deployment. Undoubtedly, major providers like AWS, Azure, GCP, Alibaba Cloud have removed entry barriers for developers to either launch a new product or to scale infinitely. However, no software company can keep scaling without taking a look at the cost of infrastructure as a percentage of revenue.
Many companies today are struggling with cloud costs eating up a significant portion of their gross margins. In this programme, we will discuss the following:
After the conference you will walk away with:
1. Tips and techniques to reduce costs on infrastructure on clouds such as AWS.
2. Process and governance model to run a cost-optimized infrastructure sustainably.
Who should participate:
1. Engineering Leaders (Directors, VP Engineering, Architects)
2. SRE and Infrastructure Managers and Architects.
3. Developers running infrastructure ranging from tens to thousands of servers.
4. Anyone interested in reducing their cloud spends.
If you want to share your case study, share details at https://hasgeek.com/rootconf/optimizing-costs-of-cloud-infrastructure/comments
High-level agenda of a talk on founding a FinOps/Cost Optimization function within your organization.
Knowing Your Organization:
What is important to your company?
Growth/Innovation vs. Security vs. Operations vs. Efficiency
How this guides the focus and position of your FinOps team for success
Knowing When To Start:
What is the right level of spend?
The Three Ways FinOps adds Value:
Saving with prepay
Answering the question: What’s going on?
Realizing technical savings opportunities
FinOps Leader, Intuit