DevOps and Dev-Oops sessions cover:
- DevOps (obviously!)
- Databases and database disasters
- Distributed systems
- Systems engineering
- Infrastructure security
- War stories, failures and anti-patterns with running operations and infrastructure
Rootconf is a forum for:
- DevOps engineers
- Systems engineers
- Software engineers
- DevOps leads
- Infrastructure security professionals and experts
- Cloud service providers
- Providers of the pieces on which an organization’s IT infrastructure runs -- monitoring, log management, alerting, etc
- Engineering managers looking to optimize infrastructure and teams
Contact information: If you have questions, call Rootconf on 7676332020 or email email@example.com
Tesseract Incursion: Real World Attacks and Defenses for Kubernetes Clusters
Kubernetes has now entered the domain of “critical infrastructure” for several organizations. Like it or not, Container Orchestration, especially with Kubernetes, is here to stay. However, Kubernetes is not without its “shoot yourself in the foot” security issues. Its a complex and large-scope system and requires a deep understanding of Kubernetes as a system, its security options and limitations.
This talk by Abhay, is based on his renowned training at BlackHat USA 2020 on Kubernetes. The talk is an action-packed (read demo-packed) tour of Kubernetes Attack and Defense possibilities. The talk will focus on actionable elements of Kubernetes Security, backed by extensive research done by Abhay and his team at we45.
- Very quick intro to Kubernetes and Kubernetes Security Landscape
- Demo of possible Kubernetes Attacks and how they happen
- Implementation Possibilities with some key Kubernetes Controls and Security Tools
Abhay Bhargav is the Founder of we45, a focused Application Security Company. Abhay is a builder and breaker of applications. He is the Chief Architect of “Orchestron", a leading Application Vulnerability Correlation and Orchestration Framework.
He has created some pioneering works in the area of DevSecOps and AppSec Automation, including the world’s first hands-on training program on DevSecOps, focused on Application Security Automation. In addition to this, Abhay is active in his research of new technologies and their impact on Application Security, namely Containers, Orchestration and Serverless Architectures.
Abhay is a speaker and trainer at major industry events including DEF CON, BlackHat, OWASP AppSecUSA, EU and AppSecCali. His trainings have been sold-out events at conferences like AppSecUSA, EU, AppSecDay Melbourne, CodeBlue (Japan), BlackHat USA 2019, SHACK and so on.