If you work with SQL, you invariably come across questions like:
- What is a lateral join?
- When do I pick what kind of join?
- Rectangular join? What?
- What happens if you mix inner and outer joins together?
With simple practical examples, and visual represenation of the joins, Swanand Pagnis will cover:
- Why is it called a join and what exactly does it mean?
- The concepts behind “inner/outer” and “left/right” and how DB engines determine which rows will be in ResultSet.
- The technique of “one at a time” in building large, complex joins.
About the speaker: Swanand Pagnis is senior backend engineer, leader, and mentor, with a focus on web application development and relational databases. He has been using and teaching MySQL, PostgreSQL for over 10 years.
Participation: Zoom link will be shared with registered participants. Or, you can watch the livestream on this page.
Registered participants can leave comments/questions on the Comments section for the speaker to address during the session.
Contact details: For inquiries, call 7676332020 or email email@example.com. Follow @rootconf on Twitter or subscribe to https://hasgeek.com/rootconf
Not accepting submissions
Fearless Joins: Just enough SQL to be effective
SQL joins strike terror in the hearts of some developers. Some others can write their out of them, but never truly grok them and get stuck when things go wrong. We will undo the damage done by that useless venn diagram. Yup, the same one you’re thinking of. more
40 mins full talk Database