Hasgeek updates; membership survey Does serveless architecture help in reducing cloud costs? Turns out speakers at Rootconf’s in-person conference on cloud costs have this and many other inter… more
If you work with SQL, you invariably come across questions like:
- What is a lateral join?
- When do I pick what kind of join?
- Rectangular join? What?
- What happens if you mix inner and outer joins together?
With simple practical examples, and visual represenation of the joins, Swanand Pagnis will cover:
- Why is it called a join and what exactly does it mean?
- The concepts behind “inner/outer” and “left/right” and how DB engines determine which rows will be in ResultSet.
- The technique of “one at a time” in building large, complex joins.
About the speaker: Swanand Pagnis is senior backend engineer, leader, and mentor, with a focus on web application development and relational databases. He has been using and teaching MySQL, PostgreSQL for over 10 years.
Participation: Zoom link will be shared with registered participants. Or, you can watch the livestream on this page.
Registered participants can leave comments/questions on the Comments section for the speaker to address during the session.