##About Rootconf 2019:
The seventh edition of Rootconf is a two-track conference with:
- Security talks and tutorials in audi 1 and 2 on 21 June.
- Talks on DevOps, distributed systems and SRE in audi 1 and audi 2 on 22 June.
##Topics and schedule:
View full schedule here: https://hasgeek.com/rootconf/2019/schedule
Rootconf 2019 includes talks and Birds of Feather (BOF) sessions on:
- OSINT and its applications
- Key management, encryption and its costs
- Running a bug bounty programme in your organization
- PolarDB architecture as Cloud Native Architecture, developed by Alibaba Cloud
- SRE and running distributed teams
- Routing security
- Log analytics
- Enabling SRE via automated feedback loops
- TOR for DevOps
##Who should attend Rootconf?
- DevOps programmers
- DevOps leads
- Systems engineers
- Infrastructure security professionals and experts
- DevSecOps teams
- Cloud service providers
- Companies with heavy cloud usage
- Providers of the pieces on which an organization’s IT infrastructure runs -- monitoring, log management, alerting, etc
- Organizations dealing with large network systems where data must be protected
- VPs of engineering
- Engineering managers looking to optimize infrastructure and teams
For information about Rootconf and bulk ticket purchases, contact email@example.com or call 7676332020. Only community sponsorships available.
##Rootconf 2019 sponsors:
Virtual Nodes to auto-scale applications on Kubernetes
Lets discuss about how to use custom metrics in combination with the Kubernetes Horizontal Pod Autoscaler(HPA) to autoscale an application. Virtual nodes (virtual-kubelet) let you scale quickly and easily run Kubernetes pods on Container Instances where you’ll pay only for the container instance runtime. Let’s see a demo application using ServiceMonitor for Prometheus, a HPA, and a custom container that will count the instances of the application and expose them to Prometheus. Finally, Grafana dashboard to view the metrics in real-time.
Let’s see a demo application using ServiceMonitor for Prometheus, a HPA, and a custom container that will count the instances of the application and expose them to Prometheus. Finally, Grafana dashboard to view the metrics in real-time.
Vivek is a technophile and an Open Source contributor with around 13 years experience in the Software Industry and works at Microsoft as Sr.Product Marketing Manager. In his previous role, he has mentored startups/developers, speaker at conferences/meetups for DigitalOcean as Senior Developer Advocate. He was also heading DevOps and QA at BlackBuck and was a DevOps Solution Architect at HCL (Australia) in client engagement and pre-sales roles. Vivek started his career with IBM Rational (India Software Labs) as a Software Developer and is passionate about working with the software developer.