About Rootconf 2019:
The seventh edition of Rootconf is a two-track conference with:
- Security talks and tutorials in audi 1 and 2 on 21 June.
- Talks on DevOps, distributed systems and SRE in audi 1 and audi 2 on 22 June.
Topics and schedule:
View full schedule here: https://hasgeek.com/rootconf/2019/schedule
Rootconf 2019 includes talks and Birds of Feather (BOF) sessions on:
- OSINT and its applications
- Key management, encryption and its costs
- Running a bug bounty programme in your organization
- PolarDB architecture as Cloud Native Architecture, developed by Alibaba Cloud
- SRE and running distributed teams
- Routing security
- Log analytics
- Enabling SRE via automated feedback loops
- TOR for DevOps
Who should attend Rootconf?
- DevOps programmers
- DevOps leads
- Systems engineers
- Infrastructure security professionals and experts
- DevSecOps teams
- Cloud service providers
- Companies with heavy cloud usage
- Providers of the pieces on which an organization’s IT infrastructure runs – monitoring, log management, alerting, etc
- Organizations dealing with large network systems where data must be protected
- VPs of engineering
- Engineering managers looking to optimize infrastructure and teams
For information about Rootconf and bulk ticket purchases, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 7676332020. Only community sponsorships available.
Rootconf 2019 sponsors:
Securing Infrastructure with OpenScap: The Automation Way !!
Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) which is a collection of standards managed by National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). It was created to provide a standardized approach to maintaining the Security of enterprise system, such as automatically Verifying the presence of patched, checking system security configuration settings, and examining systems for signs of compromise. Along with this Audience will also have a good view of Foreman, how openscap can be integrated with foreman and become more useful and efficient to use.
What Audience will take away?
Audience after his talk will have a clear idea how the companies are using the most advance mechanism to automate the security policies within the organization along with what they can do to contribute to the upstream and make their own profiles and set of security rules. What are the rules that are used by different companies in different working profile and how they want to have the better security protocols for them.
Audience will learn about Openscap. Tools used by openscap along with profiles and components of openscap. I will also through some light on how we all can have our own set of policies and how we can develop certain profiles and policies that will be custom of yourself and also useful for upstream. This talk will also involve how to deploy openscap, how to use different tools of openscap and warping up with the analysis of the reports generated by the scap policies. At the end you get a clear picture of openscap also with managing all the tools and reports by them.
1)Basic Linux Administrator Skills
2)Bits of security domain knowledge.
My name is Jaskaran Singh Narula and currently working Red Hat as a Satellite Engineer.
I have been working with the Null open source security community for nearly 2 years. I have been an active member, speaker and volunteer at Bhopal Null Chapter. https://null.co.in/profile/5502-jaskaran-singh-naru