About Rootconf 2019:
The seventh edition of Rootconf is a two-track conference with:
- Security talks and tutorials in audi 1 and 2 on 21 June.
- Talks on DevOps, distributed systems and SRE in audi 1 and audi 2 on 22 June.
Topics and schedule:
View full schedule here: https://hasgeek.com/rootconf/2019/schedule
Rootconf 2019 includes talks and Birds of Feather (BOF) sessions on:
- OSINT and its applications
- Key management, encryption and its costs
- Running a bug bounty programme in your organization
- PolarDB architecture as Cloud Native Architecture, developed by Alibaba Cloud
- SRE and running distributed teams
- Routing security
- Log analytics
- Enabling SRE via automated feedback loops
- TOR for DevOps
Who should attend Rootconf?
- DevOps programmers
- DevOps leads
- Systems engineers
- Infrastructure security professionals and experts
- DevSecOps teams
- Cloud service providers
- Companies with heavy cloud usage
- Providers of the pieces on which an organization’s IT infrastructure runs – monitoring, log management, alerting, etc
- Organizations dealing with large network systems where data must be protected
- VPs of engineering
- Engineering managers looking to optimize infrastructure and teams
For information about Rootconf and bulk ticket purchases, contact email@example.com or call 7676332020. Only community sponsorships available.
Rootconf 2019 sponsors:
OLTP or OLAP? Why not both?
vitess.io is an open source sharding middleware system that runs massive OLTP workloads at companies susch as Youtube, Slack and Square. Vitess recently added support for cross-shard materialized views and near real-time rollups - traditionally considered to be OLAP features. The underlying feature that enables this is “VReplication” - the ability to parse MySQL binary log and use it to enable interesting use-cases. I will explain the architecture of Vitess, the genesis of Vreplication for resharding databases and demonstrate VReplication in action for cross-shard materialized views and roll-ups.
- Vitess history
- Vitess architecture
- Vitess resharding and demo
- VReplication explained
- VReplication demo
Laptop with an internet connection.
Jiten Vaidya is the co-founder and CEO at PlanetScale. Prior to starting PlanetScale, Jiten held various backend and infrastructure roles at US Digital Service, Dropbox, Youtube and Google. At Youtube, he managed the teams that operated Youtube’s MySQL databases at massive scale using the open source software, vitess.io.