##About Rootconf 2019:
The seventh edition of Rootconf is a two-track conference with:
- Security talks and tutorials in audi 1 and 2 on 21 June.
- Talks on DevOps, distributed systems and SRE in audi 1 and audi 2 on 22 June.
##Topics and schedule:
View full schedule here: https://hasgeek.com/rootconf/2019/schedule
Rootconf 2019 includes talks and Birds of Feather (BOF) sessions on:
- OSINT and its applications
- Key management, encryption and its costs
- Running a bug bounty programme in your organization
- PolarDB architecture as Cloud Native Architecture, developed by Alibaba Cloud
- SRE and running distributed teams
- Routing security
- Log analytics
- Enabling SRE via automated feedback loops
- TOR for DevOps
##Who should attend Rootconf?
- DevOps programmers
- DevOps leads
- Systems engineers
- Infrastructure security professionals and experts
- DevSecOps teams
- Cloud service providers
- Companies with heavy cloud usage
- Providers of the pieces on which an organization’s IT infrastructure runs -- monitoring, log management, alerting, etc
- Organizations dealing with large network systems where data must be protected
- VPs of engineering
- Engineering managers looking to optimize infrastructure and teams
For information about Rootconf and bulk ticket purchases, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 7676332020. Only community sponsorships available.
##Rootconf 2019 sponsors:
MongoDB WiredTiger or Not
MongoDB has made wiredtiger its default storage engine from mongo version3.0 and from version 4.0 it has depricated MMAPv1 storage engine. This talk is to walk through our journey of upgrading mongo storage engine with problems.
Scale: We are a gaming company making mass market social game. Handling above changes in production handling 1TB data scale.
- 2 TB of data with 20GB index size and scale of 5k op/sec and 50/50 read and write.
- Latency requirement is under 10ms on avg.
- Sharded mongo cluster with 3 shards and each shard equivalent to 3 server (1 primary, 1 secondary and 1 arbiter).
– Supporting millions of Daily user with a max scale of 5k Ops/sec.
- MMAPV1: provide collection level locking, hence throughput of application is always limited else you need to increased size of box to scale or add shard.
- WiredTiger: the journey to evaluate and try to fit it was not easy with the problems inside engine and according to our use case
- Database handling is not tricky but being the backbone of most request people are usually afraid to touch it and make changes which can solve your problems
Have a basic understanding of Database and storage engine, and undertand some challenges of operating them at scale.
I am senior software engineer at Moonfrog, India’s top mobile gaming company. I am responsible for leading Tech of one of the biggest game available on facebook instant game platform (Ludo club). In the last 6 years as an engineer, I have been mostly solving scaling challenges.