About Rootconf 2019:
The seventh edition of Rootconf is a two-track conference with:
- Security talks and tutorials in audi 1 and 2 on 21 June.
- Talks on DevOps, distributed systems and SRE in audi 1 and audi 2 on 22 June.
Topics and schedule:
View full schedule here: https://hasgeek.com/rootconf/2019/schedule
Rootconf 2019 includes talks and Birds of Feather (BOF) sessions on:
- OSINT and its applications
- Key management, encryption and its costs
- Running a bug bounty programme in your organization
- PolarDB architecture as Cloud Native Architecture, developed by Alibaba Cloud
- SRE and running distributed teams
- Routing security
- Log analytics
- Enabling SRE via automated feedback loops
- TOR for DevOps
Who should attend Rootconf?
- DevOps programmers
- DevOps leads
- Systems engineers
- Infrastructure security professionals and experts
- DevSecOps teams
- Cloud service providers
- Companies with heavy cloud usage
- Providers of the pieces on which an organization’s IT infrastructure runs – monitoring, log management, alerting, etc
- Organizations dealing with large network systems where data must be protected
- VPs of engineering
- Engineering managers looking to optimize infrastructure and teams
For information about Rootconf and bulk ticket purchases, contact email@example.com or call 7676332020. Only community sponsorships available.
Rootconf 2019 sponsors:
Iptables magic in sidecar istio
Istio does iptables magic in sidecars, so that all traffic comes and goes through sidecar i.e. envoy.
We will see how does it do that, how it uses our omnipresent iptables rules to achieve it.
- Will start with intro to iptables.
- Understanding of basic rules and chaining.
- Understanding the iptables rules in sidecar and how it happens.
Nothing, it would view only session with understanding to traffic flow.
Working with cloudyuga, we have are into training and consulting people into container tech. We train and create the courses for people to learn about these tech. Been working in cloud(fancy) tech for around 4 years and in love with automation. Certified kubernetes administrator and now-a-days interests are in k8s, istio, prometheus.