About Rootconf 2019:
The seventh edition of Rootconf is a two-track conference with:
- Security talks and tutorials in audi 1 and 2 on 21 June.
- Talks on DevOps, distributed systems and SRE in audi 1 and audi 2 on 22 June.
Topics and schedule:
View full schedule here: https://hasgeek.com/rootconf/2019/schedule
Rootconf 2019 includes talks and Birds of Feather (BOF) sessions on:
- OSINT and its applications
- Key management, encryption and its costs
- Running a bug bounty programme in your organization
- PolarDB architecture as Cloud Native Architecture, developed by Alibaba Cloud
- SRE and running distributed teams
- Routing security
- Log analytics
- Enabling SRE via automated feedback loops
- TOR for DevOps
Who should attend Rootconf?
- DevOps programmers
- DevOps leads
- Systems engineers
- Infrastructure security professionals and experts
- DevSecOps teams
- Cloud service providers
- Companies with heavy cloud usage
- Providers of the pieces on which an organization’s IT infrastructure runs – monitoring, log management, alerting, etc
- Organizations dealing with large network systems where data must be protected
- VPs of engineering
- Engineering managers looking to optimize infrastructure and teams
For information about Rootconf and bulk ticket purchases, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 7676332020. Only community sponsorships available.
Rootconf 2019 sponsors:
DevOps and Continuous Security on AWS
DevOps and Continuous Security on AWS
Organizations across the globe are embracing DevOps to deliver quality products at speed and reduced cost. To accelerate the adoption, Organizations are relying on out of the box DevOps solutions. A typical DevOps implementation consists of many moving parts and often it is necessary to find set of tools that naturally integrate, thus reducing the overall implementation time and effort. Amazon Web Service (AWS) offers a mature set of tool chain across the DevOps spectrum. AWS provides these DevOps tools as services and comes with immense benefits such as ease of implementation, out of the box solutions, industry standard implementation, minimal upfront cost & pay as you go models etc. In this talk, we will explore various aspects of implementing DevOps on a AWS platform and map the DevOps ask with AWS tools/services.
While DevOps adoption is becoming the new normal, moving to a truly Continuous Delivery is still a distant dream for many Organizations. The threat of impending security lapse prevents organization move to a truly Continuous Delivery method, where code goes to production through automated process. Continuous security is the key here. AWS offers multiple tools, controls and check points to ensure that security is integrated so that DevOps transforms to DevSecOps.
Structure of the Presentation
- 2 minute self-introduction
- Context Setting – 5 minutes
a. Topic Introduction
b. DevOps Progression over the years
c. Importance of Security
- DevOps in AWS – 5 minutes
a. DevOps Key elements
b. AWS mapping for key DevOps elements
- DevOps Toolset in AWS – 5 minutes
a. List 4-5 Major AWS services and talk about them
b. Talk about the other AWS services
- Importance of Continuous Security & Transition to DevSecOps - 3 minutes
- Security services available in AWS – 5 minutes
- Video Demo for DevSecOps on AWS – 7 minutes
a. Take up a small project ( 1 minutes)
b. Set up DevOps end to end cycle for the project ( 4 minutes)
i. Continuous Integration
ii. Continuous Build
iii. Continuous Deploy
iv. Continuous Delivery Tool chain Implementation
c. Set up Continuous Security Controls (2 minutes)
- Question & Answer – 10 minutes
Meghashyam Varanasi has 15 plus years of experience in IT and ITes industry. He holds an MBA from IIM Ahmedabad & B.Tech Computer science degree. He is also AWS Certified DevOps - Professional, AWS Certified Security Speciality besides many other technology certifications.Over the last couple of years he presented in various technology forums in India on the topics of DevOps,DevSecOps,Customer Experience,and Cloud etc.
- Presented in STC Conference in 2016, 2017. Presented in GTR Pune in 2018.