About Rootconf 2019:
The seventh edition of Rootconf is a two-track conference with:
- Security talks and tutorials in audi 1 and 2 on 21 June.
- Talks on DevOps, distributed systems and SRE in audi 1 and audi 2 on 22 June.
Topics and schedule:
View full schedule here: https://hasgeek.com/rootconf/2019/schedule
Rootconf 2019 includes talks and Birds of Feather (BOF) sessions on:
- OSINT and its applications
- Key management, encryption and its costs
- Running a bug bounty programme in your organization
- PolarDB architecture as Cloud Native Architecture, developed by Alibaba Cloud
- SRE and running distributed teams
- Routing security
- Log analytics
- Enabling SRE via automated feedback loops
- TOR for DevOps
Who should attend Rootconf?
- DevOps programmers
- DevOps leads
- Systems engineers
- Infrastructure security professionals and experts
- DevSecOps teams
- Cloud service providers
- Companies with heavy cloud usage
- Providers of the pieces on which an organization’s IT infrastructure runs – monitoring, log management, alerting, etc
- Organizations dealing with large network systems where data must be protected
- VPs of engineering
- Engineering managers looking to optimize infrastructure and teams
For information about Rootconf and bulk ticket purchases, contact email@example.com or call 7676332020. Only community sponsorships available.
Rootconf 2019 sponsors:
Ansible meets Foreman
Foreman is a free open source project that gives you the power to easily automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploy applications, and proactively manage your servers lifecyle, on-premises or in the cloud. Ansible play the role in configuring and automating repetitive tasks in Foreman.
The talk will explain the key features like provisioning, monitoring, and configuration management in brief and how easy it becomes to have all these features under the same hood. The talk will consist of how foreman manages to solve real-world problems.
Understanding of Foreman [5 mins]
What exactly is Configuration Management?
Configuration Management Tools [10 mins]
1) Ansible Architecture.
2) Ansible workflow.
3) How Foreman integrates with Ansible to automate.
Why anyone would want these configuration management tools? [5 mins]
1) Understanding the need for the tools.
2) Why use Foreman to perform Configuration Management.
Baisc knowledge of linux, little understanding about networking.
Amit is a Software Engineer with Red Hat. He contributes to the opensource project Foreman and its various other plugins. An RoR developer but lately triggered his interests in learning various DevOps tools.