arrow_back Kafka Streams at Scale
Load Balancing : in-depth study to scale @ 80K TPS
Submitted by Shrey Agarwal (@shreyagarwal) on Wednesday, 27 February 2019
- Introduction to different methodologies and topologies of load balancing.
- Discussion of pros and cons of different topologies and tech.
- Planning and setup of the applications,
Types of loadbalancing strategies. Software routing , how it happens in multi tier and datacentre setups. * How to handle extraordinary scale of TCP/Http traffic.
* any devops/full-stack eng. who is planning a service setup and looking for evaluation on solutions
- Referencing the 13 yr old article of willy tarreau ( 2006 )
5 categories of LB
Evaluation params of LBs
DNS Load Balancing Detail
- Layer 3/4 Loadbalancing
Haproxy example and monitoring params
Layer 7 Loadbalancing
Hardware and Software Routing ( setups and cases of each )
LVS: history and implementation
- Direct Routing
- Tunnel Based routing
- What to monitor
- Interrupts handling and CPU affinity
HA with Keepalived and consul
I am involved with researching the tech of the project, and planning the setup of tech of the project in my Org.