About Rootconf Pune:
Rootconf Pune is a conference for:
- DevOps engineers
- Site Reliability Engineers (SRE)
- Security and DevSecOps professionals
- Software engineers
- Network engineers
The Pune edition will cover talks on:
- InfoSec and application security for DevOps programmers
- DNS and TLS 1.3
- SRE and distributed systems
- Containers and scaling
Speakers from Flipkart, Hotstar, Red Hat, Trusting Social, Appsecco, InfraCloud Technologies, among others, will share case studies from their experiences of building security, SRE and Devops in their organizations.
Two workshops will be held before and after Rootconf Pune:
- Full-day Prometheus training workshop on 20 September, conducted by Goutham V, contributor to Prometheus and developer at Grafana Labs. Details about the workshop are available here: https://hasgeek.com/rootconf/2019-prometheus-training-pune/
- Full-day DNS deep dive workshop on 22 September by Ashwin Murali: https://hasgeek.com/rootconf/2019-dns-deep-dive-workshop-pune/
Rootconf Pune will be held on 21 September at St. Laurn Hotel, Koregaon Park, Pune-411001.
Rootconf Pune 2019 sponsors:
To know more about Rootconf, check out the following resources:
For information about the event, tickets (bulk discounts automatically apply on 5+ and 10+ tickets) and speaking, call Rootconf on 7676332020 or write to email@example.com
“Infrastructure as Code” (IaC) via Azure DevOps (CI Server) pipeline using Terraform (Provisioning) & Salt Stack (Configuration) tool
In today’s fast paced software development world, we need underlying Infrastructure delivery also at same paced, that provide consistency , quality delivery of infrastructure component without compromising security requirements. Today we are living in cloud computing era, were the elasticity of the cloud paradigm and disposability of cloud machines should be truly leveraged.
Building production grade infrastructure is hard. And Stressful. And time consuming. Very time consuming. That’s were “Infrastructure as Code” (IaC) plays a vital role. The basic principle is that operator should not log in to a new machine and configure it from documentation. Rather, code should be written to describe the desired state of the new machine.
Trying to solve above problem with Single pipeline which is cloud agnostic to manage production ready infrastructure deployment using “Infrastructure as Code” for consistent & quality delivery of component with standards enforcement using Azure DevOps (CI Server), Terraform (Provisioning) & Salt Stack (Configuration) tool in shared environment.
The key takeaways for the talk are
1. Best practices for IaC
2. Difference between workflow of deploying Application and Infrastructure code
3. Choices of available Provisioning and Configuration Management (CM) tools
4. CI Server best practices. Tools and Technique to help teams to build a continuous delivery pipeline.
The intended audience for this talk are those who are starting their journey on cloud or already using cloud to deploy their infrastructure.
The focus of this session is to provide tools, techniques and various consideration while building stringent pipeline to deploy production ready infrastructure into cloud environment. Consideration include source control, reusable code, abstraction layer, least privileged approach and quick re-provisioning for Disaster recovery.
1. Our use case of infrastructure deployment on multi cloud environment
2. Provisioning Vs Configuration Management tool – Imperative Vs Declarative
3. Tools and techniques to be included in your development and delivery workflow
4. IaC security consideration and change management
Cloud Technologies Specialist | Schlumberger PITC | Data Platform
Infrastructure Admin | Schlumberger PITC | Data Platform