Once you learn Kubernetes Basics, you get excited to know more and would like to do a deep dive. But sometime it becomes just too overwhelming what Kubernetes can do. In this workshop we would simplify some of the advance topics like RBAC, Ingress, Storage Management, Monitoring etc and demonstrate them hands-on on Kubernetes cluster.
- Quick review Kubernetes concepts (20 mins)
- Setup of all in one Kubernetes on Cloud (20 mins)
- Kubernetes Authentication process and Role Based Access Control (20 mins)
- Kubernetes Ingress and Intro to Service Mesh (20 mins)
- Storage (volume) management with Kubernetes (30 mins)
- ConfigMap and Secret Management (20 mins)
- Deploy a sample micro-service application (10 mins)
- Monitoring the Kubernetes cluster using Prometheus (30 mins)
- Discussion about deploying Kubernetes in production (10 mins)
- Q & A
- Basic knowledge of Kubernetes is required
- Please complete https://www.edx.org/course/introduction-to-kubernetes course, if you are new to Kubernetes.
- Access to a laptop/system with a browser
About the Trainer
Neependra is the Founder and Principal Consultant at CloudYuga Technologies, which offers training and consulting services around cloud native technologies such as Kubernetes, Prometheus, Service Mesh, etc. He is an CNCF Ambassador and Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA). He is based out of Bengaluru, India.
Neependra authored Introduction to Kubernetes course on Edx for the CNCF, which has been taken by more than 63K participants. He also authored a book on Docker, Docker Cookbook in 2015 and co-authored a course on Cloud Infrastructure Technologies on edX for The Linux Foundation. He ran a Docker meetup group in Bangalore, India for more than 5 years and is very active in other meetups like Kubernetes, AWS, DevOps, etc.