Once you learn Kubernetes Basics, you get excited to know more and would like to do a deep dive. But sometime it becomes just too overwhelming what Kubernetes can do. In this workshop we would simplify some of the advance topics like RBAC, Ingress, Storage Management, Monitoring etc and demonstrate them hands-on on Kubernetes cluster.
- Quick review Kubernetes concepts (20 mins)
- Setup of all in one Kubernetes on Cloud (20 mins)
- Kubernetes Authentication process and Role Based Access Control (20 mins)
- Kubernetes Ingress and Intro to Service Mesh (20 mins)
- Storage (volume) management with Kubernetes (30 mins)
- ConfigMap and Secret Management (20 mins)
- Deploy a sample micro-service application (10 mins)
- Monitoring the Kubernetes cluster using Prometheus (30 mins)
- Discussion about deploying Kubernetes in production (10 mins)
- Q & A
- Basic knowledge of Kubernetes is required
- Please complete https://www.edx.org/course/introduction-to-kubernetes course, if you are new to Kubernetes.
- Access to a laptop/system with a browser
About the Trainer
Neependra Khare is Founder and Principal Consultant at CloudYuga. CloudYuga provides training and consulting on Docker, Kubernetes, CoreOS, GO Programming etc. He is one of the Docker Captain as well and running Docker Meetup Group in Bangalore for 4 years. In 2015 he authored a book on Docker, Docker Cookbook. In 2016 he co-authored a course on Cloud Infrastructure Technologies at Edx for Linux Foundation. Last year he launched few container ralated courses, including Introduction to Kubernetes course on Edx for The Linux Foundation.