##About Rootconf Hyderabad:
Rootconf Hyderabad is a platform for:
- DevOps engineers
- Site Reliability Engineers (SRE)
- ML and data engineers
- Security and DevSecOps professionals
- Software engineers
to discuss real-world problems around:
- Site Reliability Engineering (SRE)
- Data and AI engineering
- Distributed systems -- observerability, microservices
- Implementing Infrastructure as Code
Speakers from Flipkart, Hotstar, Intuit, GO-JEK, MadStreetDen and Trusting Social will share their experiences with the above challenges.
Rootconf Hyderabad will be held at T-Hub, IIIT-Hyderabad Campus, Gachibowli, Hyderabad, Telangana - 500032
For bulk ticket purchases,sponsorship and other inquiries, contact email@example.com or call 7676332020
For information about the event, tickets (bulk discounts automatically apply on 5+ and 10+ tickets) and speaking, call Rootconf on 7676332020 or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Supporting utf8 characters in a utf8 mysql table
MySQL’s “utf8” encoding only supports three bytes per character. The real UTF-8 encoding needs up to four bytes per character. After upgrading our app’s rails version in production, we started noticing issues in saving objects in the database because of MySQL’s strict mode. We’ll talk about key learnings, the migration itself and best practises for newer apps.
- How we supported storing utf8 content in our app.
- How upgrading the rails version caused MySQL to run in strict mode causing the problems.
- How we evaluated our options and chose the final solution.
- The actual migration and dealing with ad-hoc issues.
Lead Software Engineer @ Freshworks.