In today’s technology world, operational efficiency is pivotal. It is time to focus on measuring, learning and improving different aspects of infrastructure scaling and development cycles. Not to forget the the culture of DevOps and team dynamics.
Rootconf 2015 focuses on four key aspects of DevOps and scaling infrastructure: virtualization, managing infrastructure at scale, new technologies, and team management.
- Rootconf is aimed at DevOps, CTOs, and teams and companies.
- Organizations developing a Continuous Integration and Continous Deployment strategy. You will get a headstart by attending Rootconf.
- Managing infrastructure at scale:
- Scaling processes for enterprises – log monitoring, security, data management.
- Scaling tools for enterprises – such as using Graphite, logstash and other tools at scale.
- Upcoming technologies such as Salt.
- Team management / DevOps as culture.
This year’s edition spans two days of hands-on and conference. We are inviting proposals for:
- Full-length 40 minute talks.
- Crisp 15-minute talks.
- Sponsored sessions, 40 minute duration.
- Hands-on Workshop sessions, 3 hour duration
Proposals will be filtered and shortlisted by an Editorial Panel. We urge you to add links to videos / slide decks when submitting proposals. This will help us understand your past speaking experience. Blurbs or blog posts covering the relevance of a particular problem statement and how it is tackled will help the Editorial Panel better judge your proposals.
Proposers must submit presentation drafts as part of the selection process to ensure that the talk is in line with the theme of the conference, and to help the editorial panel build a strong line-up for the event.
We will notify you about the status of your proposal within two weeks of submission.
There is only one speaker per session. Entry is free for selected speakers. As our budget is limited, we will prefer speakers from locations closer home, but will do our best to cover for anyone exceptional. HasGeek will provide a bursary to cover part of your travel and accommodation in Bangalore. Bursaries are limited and made available to speakers delivering full sessions (40 minutes or longer).
HasGeek believes in open source as the binding force of our community. If you are describing a codebase for developers to work with, we’d like it to be available under a permissive open source license. If your software is commercially licensed or available under a combination of commercial and restrictive open source licenses (such as the various forms of the GPL), please consider picking up a sponsorship. We recognize that there are valid reasons for commercial licensing, but ask that you support us in return for giving you an audience. Your session will be marked on the schedule as a sponsored session.
Last date for submitting proposals: 15th April
Shortlisting process: 31st March onwards
Pre-conference workshops: 13th and 14th May
Conference dates: 15th and 16th May
Rootconf will be held in the MLR Convention Centre, J P Nagar.
For more information about speaking proposals, tickets and sponsorships, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +91-7676332020.
Inframer - know thy infra
Every DevOps team manages infrastructure distributed across different databases - chef, icinga, vmware, etc. The information in each database is queryable through their APIs but there isn’t one roof under which you can look at all the information about a node. Neither can you do a diff of different databases and answer questions like - How many cheffed nodes are not being monitored through icinga? We will be talking about these problems and their first step solution - Inframer - an open source python based tool we are building at BlueJeans Network.
We will discuss:
- The problems of having a distributed infrastructure
- “If only I had a tool which” scenarios (More details in slides)
- Solution architecture
- Demo - dashboard, REST API and command line tool
Currently working as a Senior DevOps engineer at BlueJeans. I enjoy automating infrastructure and contributing to the open source community.
- Inframer mindmap - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6Ndmc4UX_JzVHV4dk9MUzljS3M/view
- My Linkedin profile - https://www.linkedin.com/in/shirani
- My Github profile - https://github.com/saurabh-hirani