Inframer - know thy infra
Every DevOps team manages infrastructure distributed across different databases - chef, icinga, vmware, etc. The information in each database is queryable through their APIs but there isn’t one roof under which you can look at all the information about a node. Neither can you do a diff of different databases and answer questions like - How many cheffed nodes are not being monitored through icinga? We will be talking about these problems and their first step solution - Inframer - an open source python based tool we are building at BlueJeans Network.
We will discuss:
- The problems of having a distributed infrastructure
- “If only I had a tool which” scenarios (More details in slides)
- Solution architecture
- Demo - dashboard, REST API and command line tool
Currently working as a Senior DevOps engineer at BlueJeans. I enjoy automating infrastructure and contributing to the open source community.
- Inframer mindmap - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6Ndmc4UX_JzVHV4dk9MUzljS3M/view
- My Linkedin profile - https://www.linkedin.com/in/shirani
- My Github profile - https://github.com/saurabh-hirani