In today’s technology world, operational efficiency is pivotal. It is time to focus on measuring, learning and improving different aspects of infrastructure scaling and development cycles. Not to forget the the culture of DevOps and team dynamics.
Rootconf 2015 focuses on four key aspects of DevOps and scaling infrastructure: virtualization, managing infrastructure at scale, new technologies, and team management.
- Rootconf is aimed at DevOps, CTOs, and teams and companies.
- Organizations developing a Continuous Integration and Continous Deployment strategy. You will get a headstart by attending Rootconf.
Conference and workshop topics:
- Managing infrastructure at scale:
- Scaling processes for enterprises – log monitoring, security, data management.
- Scaling tools for enterprises – such as using Graphite, logstash and other tools at scale.
- Upcoming technologies such as Salt.
- Team management / DevOps as culture.
This year’s edition spans two days of hands-on and conference. We are inviting proposals for:
- Full-length 40 minute talks.
- Crisp 15-minute talks.
- Sponsored sessions, 40 minute duration.
- Hands-on Workshop sessions, 3 hour duration
Proposals will be filtered and shortlisted by an Editorial Panel. We urge you to add links to videos / slide decks when submitting proposals. This will help us understand your past speaking experience. Blurbs or blog posts covering the relevance of a particular problem statement and how it is tackled will help the Editorial Panel better judge your proposals.
Proposers must submit presentation drafts as part of the selection process to ensure that the talk is in line with the theme of the conference, and to help the editorial panel build a strong line-up for the event.
We will notify you about the status of your proposal within two weeks of submission.
There is only one speaker per session. Entry is free for selected speakers. As our budget is limited, we will prefer speakers from locations closer home, but will do our best to cover for anyone exceptional. HasGeek will provide a bursary to cover part of your travel and accommodation in Bangalore. Bursaries are limited and made available to speakers delivering full sessions (40 minutes or longer).
Commitment to Open Source:
HasGeek believes in open source as the binding force of our community. If you are describing a codebase for developers to work with, we’d like it to be available under a permissive open source license. If your software is commercially licensed or available under a combination of commercial and restrictive open source licenses (such as the various forms of the GPL), please consider picking up a sponsorship. We recognize that there are valid reasons for commercial licensing, but ask that you support us in return for giving you an audience. Your session will be marked on the schedule as a sponsored session.
Last date for submitting proposals: 15th April
Shortlisting process: 31st March onwards
Pre-conference workshops: 13th and 14th May
Conference dates: 15th and 16th May
Rootconf will be held in the MLR Convention Centre, J P Nagar.
For more information about speaking proposals, tickets and sponsorships, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +91-7676332020.
Does your product work fantastically everywhere !
Scaling Test Automation Across Platforms and exploring Continuous Integration
- Parameters to check to ensure the quality of app across platforms & across browsers
- Is taking multiple releases live daily a pain! especially when scalability is of concern!
Come, lets hear the challenges we have faced @goibibo & watch live demo of what we did and doing to resolve them.
Mobile is taking over the world and my app works awesomely on all browers in windows machine :-)
Wait a second! OMG! it breaks on Android !!!
Holy Jesus! did we test on firefox version 30.0 on MAC machine ??
I surely need 5 points to ask someone :-|
1. Where are our Automated Tests which can test on web & mobile cross platform/browser before the release goes live?
2. Can Unit Tests alone make sure to have the app working on android 4.4.4, 3.0, ios & windows as well?
3. Won’t the backend release going live hamper my front end app which is already in appstore from a month ?
4. Where is the plan to reduce Time To market?
5. Where is the Continuous Integration, where is the Test feedback! is Jenkins helpful for the same?
- A zeal to make Quality Assurance(QA) a better process and few skills that’s all it takes.
- Experience with Jenkins, Automated Tests and the its pain is a plus.
An automation nerd, working with goibibo.com. Loves to figure out ways to improve quality of the product by hook or crook.