About ReactFoo Bangalore:
ReactFoo Bangalore comes back to its original home after completing five successful editions, India-wide:
- ReactFoo Bangalore - September 2017
- ReactFoo Pune - January 2018
- ReactFoo Hyderabad - March 2018
- ReactFoo Mumbai - May 2018
- ReactFoo Delhi - August 2018
ReactFoo Bangalore will bring together over 250 developers working with React, and who are invested in building a space for conversations around experiences using React in production.
ReactFoo Bangalore is a single-day, single track conference with talks, office hours and Birds of Feather(BoF) sessions. Workshops will be held on 1 and 3 March, before and after the conference.
Who should attend ReactFoo:
- Front-end engineers
- Teams and companies who are evaluating frameworks to use for running applications in production
- Cross platform mobile developers
ReactFoo provides you the opportunity to:
- Learn from and network with peers from the industry
- Gain insights from case studies of practical implementation, and evaluate ReactJS and React Native for your work
- Understand how to run React in production, end-to-end, rather than only build an application with React
Workshop - AR/VR apps using React
AR/VR development is a must know skill for 2019. Facebook is very active in the field of AR/VR. Games like PUB G, Pokemon Go has made AR/VR very popular. React-VR is the react based solution from Facebook for VR development.
In this workshop, we will create a VR application for desktop, mobile, and VR devices using webVR from scratch using React. We will look at the various pieces of WebVR architecture and leverage ReactVR for developing VR apps. We will look at Layout, Surfaces, 3D objects, playing audio and input handling.
We will then get hands dirty with live coding VR app. Finally, we will round up the app advanced APIs like AsyncStorage and discuss various best practices and get a glimpse into the future of the AR/VR/MR.
=== Introduction ===
AR/VR - Intro
MR - the future
Approaches to VR development
=== React-VR for WebVR ===
- 3D objects
- Playing audio
- Input handling
=== Publishing ===
=== Wrapping up ===
Comparison with A-Frame
Node, npm basics (optional)
- An IDE
- NodeJS 8.11 or above
- react 360
Laptop (Mandatory - this is a hands on coding workshop)
VR device - Google cardboard, day dream etc
Graphics design skill - will help in making VR environment graphic intensive
Niranjan Janardhana is an IT professional working on front end technologies. He is a frequent speaker in national and international conferences. In his spare time, he likes to trek, travel and contribute to open source projects.