##About ReactFoo Bangalore:
ReactFoo Bangalore comes back to its original home after completing five successful editions, India-wide:
- ReactFoo Bangalore - September 2017
- ReactFoo Pune - January 2018
- ReactFoo Hyderabad - March 2018
- ReactFoo Mumbai - May 2018
- ReactFoo Delhi - August 2018
ReactFoo Bangalore will bring together over 250 developers working with React, and who are invested in building a space for conversations around experiences using React in production.
ReactFoo Bangalore is a single-day, single track conference with talks, office hours and Birds of Feather(BoF) sessions. Workshops will be held on 1 and 3 March, before and after the conference.
##Who should attend ReactFoo:
- Front-end engineers
- Teams and companies who are evaluating frameworks to use for running applications in production
- Cross platform mobile developers
ReactFoo provides you the opportunity to:
- Learn from and network with peers from the industry
- Gain insights from case studies of practical implementation, and evaluate ReactJS and React Native for your work
- Understand how to run React in production, end-to-end, rather than only build an application with React
My React (Native) app speaks GraphQL
At BAM, we started using GraphQL alongside Apollo Client on a large internal app for a French car manufacturer. Along the way, we laughed and we cried … we hit some rocks, we fell down, we stood back up, we faced many questions. Frontend architecture and responsibility distribution, cache updating, error handling…
After one year, we came up with best practices for these challenges, and we eventually enjoy the developer experience.
I would love to share this year of adventure with GraphQL and Apollo Client in production so that you can learn from our mistakes and build on our best practices to help you build up your own GraphQL speaking React app.
This talk will provide you with everything you need to call a GraphQL API from your React (Native) app from basics to advanced concepts such as :
- What is GraphQL ?
- How do I fetch and post data from my React (Native) app to a GraphQL API using Apollo ?
- Authorization : How to make authentified requests ?
- Caching : Understand apollo flexible caching policy to give your users the best online & offline experience
- Loading : Easily ensure that your components display a loading state
- Errors handling : Implement defensive components with a developer friendly error handling
I work at BAM as an Architect/Developer where we develop awesome mobile apps using React Native. I joined the team back in 2015 when we started using RN. Since then we have grown into the largest team working with React Native in Paris with 65 Bamers.