About ReactFoo Bangalore:
ReactFoo Bangalore comes back to its original home after completing five successful editions, India-wide:
- ReactFoo Bangalore - September 2017
- ReactFoo Pune - January 2018
- ReactFoo Hyderabad - March 2018
- ReactFoo Mumbai - May 2018
- ReactFoo Delhi - August 2018
ReactFoo Bangalore will bring together over 250 developers working with React, and who are invested in building a space for conversations around experiences using React in production.
ReactFoo Bangalore is a single-day, single track conference with talks, office hours and Birds of Feather(BoF) sessions. Workshops will be held on 1 and 3 March, before and after the conference.
Who should attend ReactFoo:
- Front-end engineers
- Teams and companies who are evaluating frameworks to use for running applications in production
- Cross platform mobile developers
ReactFoo provides you the opportunity to:
- Learn from and network with peers from the industry
- Gain insights from case studies of practical implementation, and evaluate ReactJS and React Native for your work
- Understand how to run React in production, end-to-end, rather than only build an application with React
Let's Sync the Async- A Primer on Redux Sagas
Have you ever come across a situation where you want to pause function execution for some time, for example, when you’re waiting for an API response and based on it you want to perform different some action? Or you’re waiting for your database sync to finish? If it sounds relatable, you probably handled such cases using Promises/Redux-thunk, etc. but this talk will provide a cleaner solution for dealing with such async tasks, using Redux Sagas.
Redux Sagas take advantage of an ES6 feature called Generators to make such asynchronous flows easy to read, write and test. This talk will focus on exploring Generator functions, and see how can we take advantage of it to deal with async operations and make our lives simpler.
Introduction to Generator functions
Generators in action
How redux-saga using generator functions
Using it in real world application
Writing tests for Sagas
The participants must be familiar with Redux.
Preeti is a programmer at heart, with over 3+ years on mobile. She’s worked on multiple but Android remains her passion, with her experience allowing her to handle complete development cycles, and to go on and lead adjacent teams. When she isn’t glued to her code, Preeti can be found experimenting with gourmet or playing her guitar.