React Native: The Development Flow
React Native is slowly becoming the preferred choice for developing mobile applications. If you are already a web developer, you will find that most of the principles of coding remain the same as it uses the same design as React. But the development flow might feel a bit overwhelming for someone who is creating a React Native app for the first time.
In this talk, I will describe the various tools and methods that can simplify your development workflow. I will talk about the whys and hows of debugging, performance optimizations and improved release cycles so that the next time you are developing a React Native application, you feel at home.
This talk will involve the following:
- Intro to RN (brief intro)
- The description of the options available on the developer menu.
- Hot reloading vs Live Reloading. (when to use what)
- debugging code using react native debugger/reactotron
- Getting rid of performance bottlenecks (identification and fix)
- techniques to achieve the goal of faster release cycles.
- The approach to fixing a production bug (codepush and how it can help)
A bit of knowledge about React will come handy.
I am the Lead Software Engineer @ Anarock.
ex Housing. I love working on open source projects and performance. I have created open source projects like https://transform.now.sh, embed.js and snape. Also, sometimes I can be found painting or playing keyboard.