About ReactFoo Mumbai
- Latest features of React
- Webpack, GraphQL and Apollo
- React Native
- Front-end workflows and design systems
- CSS and React
ReactFoo Mumbai is a single-day event with full-length and crisp talks, and Birds Of Feather (BOF) sessions on how to grow your career as a front-end engineer, and on state management.
On 27 May, we are hosting a hands-on workshop on GraphQL and Apollo conducted by Kiran Abburi. Workshop tickets have to be purchased separately.
Who should attend
- JS engineers from enterprises.
- JS engineers from startups.
- Cross-platform mobile developers.
- Front-end engineers.
Why you should attend?
- To learn from and network with peers from the industry.
- To gain insights from case studies of practical implementation, and evaluate ReactJS and React Native for your work.
- To program better with React and React Native.
If you are attending ReactFoo Mumbai, submit a flash talk – of 5 mins – about a project you are working on or a tool you have discovered and that you’d like the community to benefit from.
ReactFoo Mumbai conference – 26 May 2018 at ISDI DICE, Lower Parel, Mumbai.
GraphQL and Apollo workshop – on 27 May 2018 at Endurance International, Goregaon, Mumbai
For more information about speaking, ReactFoo, sponsorships, tickets, or any other information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 7676332020.
Event website: https://reactfoo.in/2018-mumbai/
React Native: The Development Flow
React Native is slowly becoming the preferred choice for developing mobile applications. If you are already a web developer, you will find that most of the principles of coding remain the same as it uses the same design as React. But the development flow might feel a bit overwhelming for someone who is creating a React Native app for the first time.
In this talk, I will describe the various tools and methods that can simplify your development workflow. I will talk about the whys and hows of debugging, performance optimizations and improved release cycles so that the next time you are developing a React Native application, you feel at home.
This talk will involve the following:
- Intro to RN (brief intro)
- The description of the options available on the developer menu.
- Hot reloading vs Live Reloading. (when to use what)
- debugging code using react native debugger/reactotron
- Getting rid of performance bottlenecks (identification and fix)
- techniques to achieve the goal of faster release cycles.
- The approach to fixing a production bug (codepush and how it can help)
A bit of knowledge about React will come handy.
I am the Lead Software Engineer @ Anarock.
ex Housing. I love working on open source projects and performance. I have created open source projects like https://transform.now.sh, embed.js and snape. Also, sometimes I can be found painting or playing keyboard.