About ReactFoo Mumbai
- Latest features of React
- Webpack, GraphQL and Apollo
- React Native
- Front-end workflows and design systems
- CSS and React
ReactFoo Mumbai is a single-day event with full-length and crisp talks, and Birds Of Feather (BOF) sessions on how to grow your career as a front-end engineer, and on state management.
On 27 May, we are hosting a hands-on workshop on GraphQL and Apollo conducted by Kiran Abburi. Workshop tickets have to be purchased separately.
Who should attend
- JS engineers from enterprises.
- JS engineers from startups.
- Cross-platform mobile developers.
- Front-end engineers.
Why you should attend?
- To learn from and network with peers from the industry.
- To gain insights from case studies of practical implementation, and evaluate ReactJS and React Native for your work.
- To program better with React and React Native.
If you are attending ReactFoo Mumbai, submit a flash talk – of 5 mins – about a project you are working on or a tool you have discovered and that you’d like the community to benefit from.
ReactFoo Mumbai conference – 26 May 2018 at ISDI DICE, Lower Parel, Mumbai.
GraphQL and Apollo workshop – on 27 May 2018 at Endurance International, Goregaon, Mumbai
For more information about speaking, ReactFoo, sponsorships, tickets, or any other information contact email@example.com or call 7676332020.
Event website: https://reactfoo.in/2018-mumbai/
A re-introduction to webpack
Webpack is the de facto standard in todays world of frontend development. Popular projects like React, Vue, Angular use it all. But how did we get here? How can you not be scared of it and actually start configuring it for your own projects?
I am going to take you through the past of JS bundling, how webpack came into picture. Show you how you can build your own configuration files and make the webpack nightmare go away.
• How did it all start?
• The problems with concatenating
• The need to reuse nodejs packages in browser.
• How browserify came into the picture
• Efforts browserify put into making things work.
• Introduction of Webpack in 2015
• How webpack broke the rules & why
• The backlash webpack gets about its configuration complexity
• Live Demo - handcoding a webpack configuration file
- rules & loaders
• What to do next?
• What’s new in webpack 4.
• Resources to learn more.
Geek…ish! I love CSS and make CSS art at CodePen. VueJS fan!