arrow_back Dr. De Sign Systems - Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Remove the Chaos
Future of React arrow_forward
A re-introduction to webpack
Submitted by Praveen Puglia on Wednesday, 28 March 2018
Webpack is the de facto standard in todays world of frontend development. Popular projects like React, Vue, Angular use it all. But how did we get here? How can you not be scared of it and actually start configuring it for your own projects?
I am going to take you through the past of JS bundling, how webpack came into picture. Show you how you can build your own configuration files and make the webpack nightmare go away.
• How did it all start?
• The problems with concatenating
• The need to reuse nodejs packages in browser.
• How browserify came into the picture
• Efforts browserify put into making things work.
• Introduction of Webpack in 2015
• How webpack broke the rules & why
• The backlash webpack gets about its configuration complexity
• Live Demo - handcoding a webpack configuration file
- rules & loaders
• What to do next?
• What’s new in webpack 4.
• Resources to learn more.
Geek…ish! I love CSS and make CSS art at CodePen. VueJS fan!