##About the event
After successful editions in Bangalore and Pune, ReactFoo travels to Hyderabad. The Hyderabad edition will focus on the following topics:
- Success and failure stories of implementing React and React Native for your use-case.
- Your experiences with alternatives to React – such as Angular, Vue and other frameworks – why these worked / did not work for your use-case.
- Front-end architecture patterns and approaches with React.
- Mobile engineering with ReactNative or alternatives.
We invite developers and architects from large and small organizations to share their stories and insights with the community. You can either propose:
- Full length talks of 40 mins duration.
- Short talks of 20 mins duration.
- Birds Of Feather (BOF) sessions.
- Hands-on workshops for 3-6 hour duration.
Workshops on 18 March will be announced shortly. 30-40 participants will be admitted to each workshop. Workshop tickets have to be purchased separately.
- JS engineers from enterprises.
- JS engineers from startups.
- Cross-platform mobile developers.
- To learn from and network with peers from the industry.
- To gain insights from case studies of practical implementation, and evaluate ReactJS and React Native for your work.
- To program better with React and React Native.
Speakers from previous editions will review proposals and vote on them. In order to make it to the shortlist, your submission must contain the following information:
- Key insights you will present, or takeaways for the audience.
- Overall flow of the content.
You must submit links to videos of talks you have delivered in the past, or record and upload a two-min self-recorded video explaining what your talk is about, and why is it relevant for this event.
Also consider submitting links to the following along with your proposal:
- A detailed outline, or
- Mindmap, explaining the structure of the talk, or
- Draft slides.
Selected speakers and workshop instructors will receive an honorarium of Rs. 3,000 each, at the end of their talk. Confirmed speakers and instructors also get a pass to the conference. We do not provide free passes for speakers’ colleagues and spouses.
Owing to a tight budget, we will not be able to offer travel grants or accommodation for this event.
ReactFoo Hyderabad conference – 17 March 2018.
ReactFoo Hyderabad hands-on workshops – 18 March 2018
Last date for submissions - 15 February 2018.
For more information about speaking, ReactFoo, sponsorships, tickets, or any other information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 7676332020.
Event website: https://reactfoo.in/2018-hyderabad/
React & Redux Performance
While improving front end performance includes a wide range of topics in itself, I will be talking about performance lessons learnt while building a react + redux web app. At the end of the session, you will have walked away with actionable items on how you can measure your app’s performance and improve it. Anyone who is comfortable with react + redux will feel right at home in this session.
Topics covered -
-> Optimizing Bundle Size
-> Improve initial load time with SSR
-> Data Fetching & Caching
-> Dealing with large lists
-> Make react do less work
-> Make redux do less work
-> Normalizing the redux store
-> Optimistic store updates to improve perceived performance
-> Using Chrome Dev Tools to profile your react app
I am the technical cofounder of Gymnage. I’ve built multiple web apps for my startup - all using React. Our main offering ran into some serious perf issues on tablets. That was a humbling experience. I had to understand a few react and redux quirks and make a few hacks to get some perf wins. I believe this experience has made me wiser and I’d love to share the experience with rest of the React community here in Hyderabad.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/swazza85/ - a more comprehensive profile.