About the event
After successful editions in Bangalore and Pune, ReactFoo travels to Hyderabad. The Hyderabad edition will focus on the following topics:
- Success and failure stories of implementing React and React Native for your use-case.
- Your experiences with alternatives to React – such as Angular, Vue and other frameworks – why these worked / did not work for your use-case.
- Front-end architecture patterns and approaches with React.
- Mobile engineering with ReactNative or alternatives.
We invite developers and architects from large and small organizations to share their stories and insights with the community. You can either propose:
- Full length talks of 40 mins duration.
- Short talks of 20 mins duration.
- Birds Of Feather (BOF) sessions.
- Hands-on workshops for 3-6 hour duration.
Workshops on 18 March will be announced shortly. 30-40 participants will be admitted to each workshop. Workshop tickets have to be purchased separately.
Who should attend
- JS engineers from enterprises.
- JS engineers from startups.
- Cross-platform mobile developers.
Why you should attend?
- To learn from and network with peers from the industry.
- To gain insights from case studies of practical implementation, and evaluate ReactJS and React Native for your work.
- To program better with React and React Native.
Talk selection process
Speakers from previous editions will review proposals and vote on them. In order to make it to the shortlist, your submission must contain the following information:
- Key insights you will present, or takeaways for the audience.
- Overall flow of the content.
You must submit links to videos of talks you have delivered in the past, or record and upload a two-min self-recorded video explaining what your talk is about, and why is it relevant for this event.
Also consider submitting links to the following along with your proposal:
- A detailed outline, or
- Mindmap, explaining the structure of the talk, or
- Draft slides.
Honorarium for selected speakers; travel grants
Selected speakers and workshop instructors will receive an honorarium of Rs. 3,000 each, at the end of their talk. Confirmed speakers and instructors also get a pass to the conference. We do not provide free passes for speakers’ colleagues and spouses.
Owing to a tight budget, we will not be able to offer travel grants or accommodation for this event.
ReactFoo Hyderabad conference – 17 March 2018.
ReactFoo Hyderabad hands-on workshops – 18 March 2018
Last date for submissions - 15 February 2018.
For more information about speaking, ReactFoo, sponsorships, tickets, or any other information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 7676332020.
Event website: https://reactfoo.in/2018-hyderabad/
Is it worth shifting from Angular to React?
A lot of projects were written around 2012 using AngularJS 1.x. Angular 2+ also has a wide adoption. We will explore if there are any advantages of switching your project to React.
- What is it that React provides, that Angular doesn’t?
- Anything that’s missing in React that Angular provides?
- What is the effort to switch a project from Angular to React?
- Is it worth the effort?
- What parameters do we consider for a good UI framework?
Souvik is a JS enthusiasts with 14 years experience in the industry. His day job is to set up a team on React project in Tesco Bengaluru. He loves to code equally well in React as well as in Angular. Currently he is spending a lot of time exploring Conversational UI.