Selected Talks for PyConf Hyderabad 2017 have been announced. Please Check the Confirmed Proposals section for the Selected Talks
Following are the guidelines for proposal submission
- Please mention type of Proposal as given below in the Title of the Proposal.
- The proposal should have an objective with clear expectation for the audience.
- The Proposal description should be short and to the point.
- The proposal should have proper prerequisites like environment setup, library version.
- No proposal will be selected without a link to appropriate session content like presentation, pdf, code snippets etc.
- Proposal content should adhere to code of conduct.
- Proposal content links can be updated later.
- Proposal content shouldn’t have a company name throughout the content. Mention of the employer is allowed only at the beginning of the content (presentation/pdf).
- Background image/wallpaper shouldn’t contain company name/logos.
- For any questions, please write to email@example.com.
We have three kind of Proposals - General Talks, Lightning Talks and Workshops. Please mention the Proposal type in the Title of the Proposal. Give a Title like Proposal Type : Proposal Title
These are the traditional talk sessions scheduled during the first day of conference. They will be conducted on Day 2 of Conference, Sunday, 8th Oct. The length of these tracks are 45 minutes.
These are short length talks that will be conducted on Day 2 of Conference, Sunday, 8th Oct. The time limit is 5 minutes. But we can extend it depending on number of talks submitted.
As with the talks, we are looking for Workshops that can grow this community at any level. We aim for Workshops that will advance Python, advance this community, and shape the future. Each session runs for 6 full hours plus a break for lunch. There will be 2 workshops going parallely on Day 1 of Conference, Saturday, 7th Oct in the same venue that hosts the main conference. Workshop I is aimed for Begineers while Workshop II is a Advaced Session aimed for Professionals.
These will be the themes and topics
- Core Python and Python 3 features
- Concurrent and Asynchronous programming in Python
- Data Science and Analysis
- Web Development
- Python and IOT
- Functional Programming
- Artificial Intelligence
- Continuous integration and Deployment
- Scientific Computing
- Cloud computing with Python
- 31st August, 2017 : Deadline for Proposal Submission
- 16th September, 2017 : Talk selection and announcement
Pyspark - Python and Spark
Data Engineering at scale using Python and Big Data eco system of tools.
Here is the high level outline for the workshop: 1) Revision of basic python programming 2) Overview of Big Data eco system 3) Data Engineering at scale with Spark core APIs using Python as programming language 4) Overvew of Spark SQL and Data Frames 5) Development life cycle and execution life cycle. Training will be provided using state of the art 10 node Big Data cluster with hands on approach.
- A laptop (64 bit operating system and 4 GB RAM are highly desired)
- Browser - Chrome or Firefox
- Basic understanding of Python programming - loops, exception, file handling and collections
Durga Gadiraju is technology evangelist and consultant with close to 14 years of experience in building data driven applications at scale. For past 4 years, Durga is primarily focused on Big Data in the areas of consulting, delivery and training. His online platform itversity, is well known in IT community in the areas of Big Data and Cloud. itversity will be a free continuous learning platform for IT professionals.