Selected Talks for PyConf Hyderabad 2017 have been announced. Please Check the Confirmed Proposals section for the Selected Talks
Guidelines for Proposal Submission
Following are the guidelines for proposal submission
- Please mention type of Proposal as given below in the Title of the Proposal.
- The proposal should have an objective with clear expectation for the audience.
- The Proposal description should be short and to the point.
- The proposal should have proper prerequisites like environment setup, library version.
- No proposal will be selected without a link to appropriate session content like presentation, pdf, code snippets etc.
- Proposal content should adhere to code of conduct.
- Proposal content links can be updated later.
- Proposal content shouldn’t have a company name throughout the content. Mention of the employer is allowed only at the beginning of the content (presentation/pdf).
- Background image/wallpaper shouldn’t contain company name/logos.
- For any questions, please write to email@example.com.
We have three kind of Proposals - General Talks, Lightning Talks and Workshops. Please mention the Proposal type in the Title of the Proposal. Give a Title like Proposal Type : Proposal Title
These are the traditional talk sessions scheduled during the first day of conference. They will be conducted on Day 2 of Conference, Sunday, 8th Oct. The length of these tracks are 45 minutes.
These are short length talks that will be conducted on Day 2 of Conference, Sunday, 8th Oct. The time limit is 5 minutes. But we can extend it depending on number of talks submitted.
As with the talks, we are looking for Workshops that can grow this community at any level. We aim for Workshops that will advance Python, advance this community, and shape the future. Each session runs for 6 full hours plus a break for lunch. There will be 2 workshops going parallely on Day 1 of Conference, Saturday, 7th Oct in the same venue that hosts the main conference. Workshop I is aimed for Begineers while Workshop II is a Advaced Session aimed for Professionals.
Themes and Topics
These will be the themes and topics
- Core Python and Python 3 features
- Concurrent and Asynchronous programming in Python
- Data Science and Analysis
- Web Development
- Python and IOT
- Functional Programming
- Artificial Intelligence
- Continuous integration and Deployment
- Scientific Computing
- Cloud computing with Python
- 31st August, 2017 : Deadline for Proposal Submission
- 16th September, 2017 : Talk selection and announcement
[General Talks] THE Data Structure of our Real-time World : Queues
Remember your college lectures on Queues? And how insignificant they seemed!
But this “simple” data structure is the facilitator of modern software applications/services. In an effort to appreciate this data structure, let’s celebrate queues and understand how they impact us software engineers each day at work
Probable agenda is as follows :
- Denial of Service
- Taking a crude example of a hypothetical monolithic app, we will discuss about how requests get dropped and the impact of such scenarios
- What can be some of the mitigation steps
- This is to give a brief idea about the need for scaling apps
- Introduction to Queues
- What we know queues to be (as a data structure)
- What we need to start thinking of queues to be (as an abstract concept)
- Buffers and their purpose
- Tying queues and buffers together
- How queues help in improving softwares/services
- How they fit in
- Understanding how significant throughput is achieved
- Queues in action
- NodeJS’s use of queues
- Apache Storm’s use of queues
- LinkedIn’s use of queues
- Hands-on: Celery (if time permits)
- A simple job scheduler
- Basic Python Proficiency
Mayank graduated from NSIT, Delhi in June and is currently working at Expedia, Gurgaon in the Air Platform Team. The scale at which we all interact with queues each day amazes him. And so, as a fresh graduate, allow him to lend a fresh perspective to how new engineers perceive real-time infrastructure and process the fact that they should have paid more attention to college!