Cakewalk WebVR development with A-Frame
Want to be a part of the IT industry makeover which Virtual Reality’s growing ecosystem has begun? Why not build your own VR website!
Ram is going to talk about easily building VR website using A-Frame, an open-source framework by Mozilla for creating VR experiences which works on all platforms. In this live coding talk, you will learn to use various concepts & APIs of A-Frame through various demos and live VR scene creations. This will help you create interactive and immersive VR experiences on the web. This will also cover how different is A-Frame from other similar frameworks like ReactVR.
- What is Virtual Reality (Introduction to VR & similar terms, and why is this winning our hearts)
- How one can build VR experiences today (Different options available to build VR experiences + Demos)
- How is WebVR making a difference (Introduction to WebVR and its initia specs + Demo)
- Introduction to A-Frame (How A-Frame out throughs all other options to build WebVR scenes today. + Demos)
- Introduction to A-Frame docs and few tools which can be used while coding.
- About few mostly used APIs and Components of A-Frame with help of demos.
- Introduction to A-Frame & WebVR community in India.
- How can you participate to A-Frame library or other Mozilla products.
- Q/A session.
- A laptop/computer (with net connectivity) for coding.
- A mobile phone and a VR device for testing the VR experiences built.
We need VR Devices (Cardboards / Daydream View / HTC Vives) to test the VR experiences build by audience. We can make few devices available for all participants, additionally we can ask participants to get their own devices with themself.
Ram Dayal Vaishnav, Senior Web Developer from Arcesium, is very passionate about Open Source and has been to Mozilla’s projects for more than 5 years now. He is also a Mozilla Tech Speaker & Mozilla Representative. Ram was involved with Mozilla’s WebVR framework A-Frame since its birth in late 2015. Apart from code contribution, he has also gave talks on A-Frame at various national and international events including MozFest London and FOSSASIA Singapore.
Ram also co-founded WebVR India group, a developer community in India working on VR development & evangelism. DevDiner.com, a website for emerging technologies developers, recently named Ram as one of their AR/VR inspirations of 2016 for his inspirational work in the fields of VR & IoT. Ram is also W3C contributor in W3C WebVR community group.
- My Blog - https://gurumukhi.wordpress.com/
- Slides from previous talk - https://gurumukhi.github.io/aframe-presentation-explorer/
- Recently concluded event with Mozilla VR team - https://blog.mozvr.com/webvr-india-community-conducts-webvr-hack-night/