A Quick (and Hopefully Painless) Ride Through ReactJS
ReactJS as a much better front-end engineering battle-axe and a facilitator for designers.
We’ll go through the fundamentals and philosophy of ReactJS and see how we can apply patterns that have emerged from using it alongside a design team.
In our half-day workshop, we’ll try to cover these high-level ideas:
- Setting up a simple ReactJS application.
- Writing UI components that can be re-used across the application as an easy way of keeping the design consistent.
- HTML-like templating languages (like JSX, react-templates) that make it much easier for designers to write dynamic interactions by themselves.
- Declarative / logic-less UI components that can perform transitions / animations etc.
We’ll try our hands on building a few simple UI components. For example, a menu system like this:
- Laptop with the lastest Chrome, Sublime Text editor, a terminal and python installed.
Old school JVM hacker. Loves log files. Wishes he was programming Haskell.
We work in a variety of different projects at nilenso. From media publishing platforms and energy saving projects to multi-variate testing and machine learning systems.