Criteria for proposing sessions: You must be a practising web designer/developer, and must be able to show how your own work has advanced the state of the web in the past year. You are expected to present original work that your peers — this event’s audience — recognise as being notable enough to deserve a stage.
About Meta Refresh: Meta Refresh is a conference where Design and UI development converge. A beautiful experience on the web is a result of a deep understanding of your user and the nuances of the medium. Meta Refresh aims to be the platform where designers and UI developers exchange ideas and skills and learn from each other.
Format: This year’s edition spans four days, with two days of workshops and two days of conference. All days feature a single track.
We are accepting talks on:
- Front-end implementations, mainly workflow, processes, tools and automation,
- CSS, animation, UX, trends, and typography, and
- Short, crisp talks on front-end tricks.
Talks on implementation have to be about original work. While covering scalability and productivity aspects to explain implementation details, proposers must also explain who is the user and what is the context in which their product is being used. Therefore, how content and design were tailored in each specific instance.
We also invite workshop proposals on:
- Build systems such as Grunt
- CSS frameworks such as Bootstrap 3 and Foundation
- MVC/JS frameworks such as Angular
Workshops will be held on 12th and 13th February at the TERI auditorium in Domlur, Bangalore.
If you are excited about someone’s work and believe it deserves wider recognition, we recommend you contact them and ask them to submit a proposal.
Last date for submissions: 12 January 2014.
Confirmations: 15 January 2014 onwards.
There is only one speaker per session. Attendance is free for selected speakers. HasGeek will offer a grant to cover your travel to and accommodation in Bangalore from anywhere in the world for speakers delivering full sessions (30 minutes or longer). As our budget is limited, we will prefer speakers from locations closer home, but will do our best to cover for anyone exceptional. If you are able to raise support for your trip, we will count that as a speaker travel sponsorship.
Travel grants are reimbursed at the end of the conference. You are expected to make your own travel and stay arrangements. We will assist with hotel recommendations, visa letters and general advice on travel.
HasGeek believes in open source as the binding force of our community. If you are describing a codebase for developers to work with, we’d like it to be available under a permissive open source license. If your software is commercially licensed or available under a combination of commercial and restrictive open source licenses (such as the various forms of the GPL), please consider picking up a sponsorship. We recognize that there are valid reasons for commercial licensing, but ask that you support us in return for giving you an audience. Your session will be marked on the schedule as a sponsored session.
If your proposal is accepted for a session > 30 minutes long, we will cover your event ticket. If your proposal is not accepted, you can buy a ticket at the same rate as was available on the day you proposed. We’ll send you a code.
For queries about proposals / submissions, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sencha beyond limitations: A hands on approach to framework customizations for greater stability and massive data sizes.
A brief walk through of the framework followed by customizations for handling massive data chunks rendering and framework stabilization by resolving known issues.
The session will cover the following areas in greater detail:
- Developing framework support for cross browser compatibility with a focus on IE10, Microsoft Surface Pro and Surface RT.
- Improving the performance for Complex UI structures, large size data display, Dom rendering, Auto destroy etc .
- Customized sencha elements for -:
- CSS Styling for views (limitations)
- Custom Listing instead of basic grid structure
- Custom calendar
- Custom carousel
- Custom checkbox
- Custom Accordion
- Custom poupbox content
- How to fix the Display issue in flex.
- The most common and heartbreaking Height issues and fixes.
- Grid structure vs List structure. What are the pros and cons of using them?
- Panel component tap event issue
- Creating a sample application by using sencha.
- Enhancing the above application for accepting large data chunks and displaying it.
- Brief run down and hands on session on customizations to Sencha framework and submissions of potential contributions
This is going to involve writing code. It is expected that participants are comfortable with front-end syntax (HTML, CSS, JS, basic understanding of Sencha framework).
- Web Server (Apache,nginx) installed on the system.
- Sencha Touch Setup with sencha cmd. (http://docs.sencha.com/touch/2.2.1/#!/guide/getting_started-section-next- steps)
- Install Ruby (v 1.9.3), compass gem and sass gem on your machine.
Co-founder and technical Architect @Webonise Lab Pvt. Ltd, I am a geek, with a broad experience across open source frontend and backend technologies. Architect and build apps for the love of it! Active Contributor @CakePHP framework and various open source communities.
The speaker will be accompanied by Mr. Nilesh Jinde and Swapnil Vathare for the workshop.