WebComponents is a great idea! The problem is that WebComponents API is in working draft…
Why we don’t use just Components? Why we are waiting for that Web- prefix? We can use them right now and without havy polyfills! I will show you how to write Components today!
WebComponents’s Polyfill is havy and slow. We do not need it to write web applications in Components-way. We could create components since HTML4, CSS1 and ECMAScript3 epoch. But this idea became popular only these days.
There are few key ideas in Components:
- Everything is Component even your app
- Two way data binding
- HTML Imports
Each idea can be implemented with help of familiar tools:
- Everything is Component: NPM, Bower
- Declarative Custom Elements: BEM & OOCSS
- Two-way data binding: AngularJS-style Dirty checking or Accessors (getters and setters)
- HTML Imports: BEM, Loaders and Transpilers
I will show you how to use reusable components today!
- Linkedin http://www.linkedin.com/in/azproduction/en
- Github https://github.com/azproduction
- Speakerdeck https://speakerdeck.com/azproduction (many slides, but in russian)
- Twitter https://twitter.com/azproduction
- Dart - Light side of the Force? https://speakerdeck.com/azproduction/dart-svietlaia-storona-sily (in russian)
- Works? Stable? Effective? https://speakerdeck.com/azproduction/code-fest-rabotaiet-stabil-no-effiektivno (in russian)
- Promise – it does not hurt! http://tech.yandex.ru/events/yagosti/fronttalks-ekb-jul-2013/talks/981/ http://azproduction.ru/talk-promises/ (in russian)
- SPA: WebComponents, Backbone, data-bind, Promise; http://azproduction.ru/talk-404fest/ (in russian)