About JSFoo Coimbatore
JSFoo Coimbatore is a single-day conference with talks, Birds of Feather (BOF) sessions and speaker connect sessions. The conference will be held on Friday, 5 July, at Dr.G.R.Damodaran College of Science, Coimbatore.
JSFoo Coimbatore features talks on:
- How to secure your web applications by identifying vulnerabilities.
- Leveraging Web Application Vulnerabilities for Resourceful Intelligence Gathering.
- Case studies of performance improvements and using the modular approach to building front-ends.
- Node.js and good engineering practices such as logging, debugging and integrating security into your applications.
- WebSDK: switching between service providers on the fly.
JSFoo Coimbatore 2019 sponsors:
For inquiries on tickets and sponsorships, call the JSFoo Coimbatore team on 7676332020 or write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Writing modern apps with Ember Octane
A Talk about how Ember Octane, a new edition of Ember.js recently released will help frontend developers to spin modern web apps really easily and quickly. The talk will be focused on how the Octane edition utilizes the native platform features like ES Classes, decorators, etc., effectively.
- Intro to Ember as a framework.
- Features introduced in the new edition, Octane (for whom already using Ember)
- Building a ticket manager component using native vanilla ES class
** Converting the ES class into an Ember component using the new Octane feature**
- Create a new Ember app (Octane Blueprint)
- Create a bare Component
- Move logic from our native ES class into the Ember Component
- UI Markup (pre-built)
- How to wire the UI markup into component state
- Tracking chnages (Keeping DOM in sync)
- Other framework feature to build a full-fledged application: Computed properties, component arguments, template conditionals, looping, routing, state management
- Upcoming feature into the framework
- Final thoughts on the process
The targetted audience of this talk will be:
- Folks from other community/framework whos willing to explore a new framework.
- Folks from Ember community to know more about the new Octane edition.
The talk may contain small chunks of coding sessions. Bringing Laptop is appreciated but not a requirement as all the code snippets will be included in the slides.
Here is a Chennai based frontend developer working at Zoho Corp, a SaaS company focusing on building business operations application. I build stuff using Ember.js and Vue.js at work. I love creating browser extensions. I’m helping in maintaining https://ember-twiddle.com