Why aren't you using Async Generators yet?
- Explain the 4 constructs (the same grid RxJS uses to explain Observables) in programming: Synchronous single value, Synchronous multiple values, Async single values and the “missing” async multiple values.
- Async Iterator
- Iterator spec (making your own iterators) and built in iterators (like Node.js stream)
- Generators and async generator
- Examples of usage and patterns (this is the longest bit as I show you how to use it in cases like polling, incremental updates (especially for updating a React tree as data becomes available))
The rest is time allows (I’ve planned for upto 40m with this talk)
- A comparison with Observables
- A quick explanation of how this works under the hood (with a potential explanation of the Babel transform)
- A few examples with Shiksha (a library that implements
pairwiseetc. inspired by RxJS)