Generating tests from code - or how to test better and faster
Submitted by Olivier Crameri (@oliviercrameri) on Thursday, 11 July 2013
- Discover the power of dynamic analysis and code crawling for writing and maintaining tests.
- Learn how to write robust tests that cover ten times more code with ten times less effort than traditional unit tests or integration tests.
- Discover that testing can (almost) be fun and (definitely) useful.
- Alice: Hey Bob, ready for the Big Release. Everything working?
- Bob: Yeah, sure. Why not?
- Alice: I don't know. Did you test your code?
- Bob: Of course. All the tests pass. What could possibly go wrong?
- Alice: Well, I guess, nothing… Let's release and go to JSFoo.
Sounds familiar? We all know how this story ends… and it's not with Bob and Alice having fun at JSFoo. Unacceptable!