Yeoman makes it super easy for you to build your project, and also throws in awesome scaffolding utilities like Rails.
The session will cover the usage of Yeoman.io as a build tool.
- Compile and compress your CSS/JS when you change the source.
- Reload your browser every time you make a change in the source templates.
- Optimize your assets, i.e. images.
- Run CSSlint and JSHint on your code to keep it clean.
- Run arbitrary system commands.
And of course a quick walk through to writing your own Yeoman Scaffold generators :)
I’m the Performance Guy at PayPal India(eBay Inc.), building Performance as a key attribute into the Next Generation of PayPal’s presence on the Web.
In my free time I dabble with Web Frameworks, researching on the various things that go into making applications fast and responsive.
I also occasionally blog at http://karthik.kastury.in/