MVI architecture on Android without RxJava
Unidirectional data flow patterns such as MVI are catching up steam in the Android community as they give provide a cleaner way to develop and debug frontend applications. But working with such a pattern requires a reasonable level of proficiency with reactive streams like RxJava. My talk would help build a similar pattern without using RxJava and instead using only Android Architecture Components like LiveData.
- Why MVI pattern is beneficial.
- Briefly, how MVI pattern is usually implemented using RxJava.
- How RxJava might not always be a good choice for your project.
- Brief overview of Coroutines
- Implement MVI architecture step by step using LiveData and coroutines
- How this pattern allows simpler Unit Tests
Android Developer at Roadzen Technologies
Over four years of experience with startups and experimenter of Android architectures and scalability.