Kotlin does a lot for us in the way of reducing boilerplate. But what is it really doing? We will be inspecting some decompiled Kotlin to discover how it does its job. By looking underneath at how it handles data classes, lambdas, and delegation, we can better understand how the language executes what we write. If you’re curious about the language, or already using it in production, you should walk away from this investigation with a deeper understanding of Kotlin, and some tools for continued exploration.
- Introduction to Kotlin programming language
- Learning language features through decompilation
- Data Classes
- Null Safety
- Extension Functions
- Tools for further exploration
Victoria is a software developer at Collective Idea, building mobile and web applications. She is passionate about using technology to help better the lives of individuals. Studying both Computer Science and Dance in college, she now enjoys digging into dance technology, and keeping up with dance classes in her spare time.
- Full talk: https://slideslive.com/38900603/kotlin-uncovered
- Blog series: https://collectiveidea.com/blog/archives/2017/05/16/kotlin-uncovered-part-1
- All blogs: http://www.victoriagonda.com/blogs/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/TTGonda