Design patterns for network agnostic android apps
Building apps are easy. There are so many samples & guides out there. But building them agnostic to network conditions is not easy. In fact, it is so hard when done well gets amazing returns. This talk aims to help with solid design patterns which can be applied to many usecases in developing fully functional android apps.
- Why app needs to be network agnostic
- Load from cache, update from network
- Prefetch resources and fresh content
- Deferred actions & usecases
- Client side feed generation
- Social logins with offline support
- SMS / USSD based interactions
- Reminder/Trigger notifications
- Cached remote configurations
Senior Android Engineer at Uber with more than 10 years of experience in developing apps for mobile platforms.
Focused on improving the user experience in emerging markets for nearly 4 years
Have given talks at AppFest, GDG DevFest 2016, DroidCon 2016 on wide range of topics