##The eighth edition of The Fifth Elephant will be held in Bangalore on 25 and 26 July. A thousand data scientists, ML engineers, data engineers and analysts will gather at the NIMHANS Convention Centre in Bangalore to discuss:
- Model management, including data cleaning, instrumentation and productionizing data science.
- Bad data and case studies of failure in building data products.
- Identifying and handling fraud + data security at scale
- Applications of data science in agriculture, media and marketing, supply chain, geo-location, SaaS and e-commerce.
- Feature engineering and ML platforms.
- What it takes to create data-driven cultures in organizations of different scales.
1. Meet Peter Wang, co-founder of Anaconda Inc, and learn about why data privacy is the first step towards robust data management; the journey of building Anaconda; and Anaconda in enterprise.
2. Talk to the Fulfillment and Supply Group (FSG) team from Flipkart, and learn about their work with platform engineering where ground truths are the source of data.
3. Attend tutorials on Deep Learning with RedisAI; TransmorgifyAI, Salesforce’s open source AutoML.
4. Discuss interesting problems to solve with data science in agriculture, SaaS perspective on multi-tenancy in Machine Learning (with the Freshworks team), bias in intent classification and recommendations.
5. Meet data science, data engineering and product teams from sponsoring companies to understand how they are handling data and leveraging intelligence from data to solve interesting problems.
##Why you should attend?
- Network with peers and practitioners from the data ecosystem
- Share approaches to solving expensive problems such as cleanliness of training data, model management and versioning data
- Demo your ideas in the demo session
- Join Birds of Feather (BOF) sessions to have productive discussions on focussed topics. Or, start your own Birds of Feather (BOF) session.
##Full schedule published here: https://hasgeek.com/fifthelephant/2019/schedule
For more information about The Fifth Elephant, sponsorships, or any other information call +91-7676332020 or email email@example.com
Why we went ahead with Apache Pulsar(streaming platform 2.0 ) instead of Apache Kafka
In this talk we will be discusing about different ways of asynchronus communications patterns especially queuing and pub/sub streaming platforms. We walk about kafka and it use cases. We will move on to architectural limitations of Kafka and then will discuss more about Apache Pulsar and how it overcomes the limitations of Kafka. Finally we will take you through the bells and whistles of Apache Pulsar and how it solves platform challenges.
- Queuing & Pub/Sub
- Pub/Sub Streaming Platforms
- Apache Kafka and it use cases
- Apache Kafka and its limitations
- Introduction to Apache Pulsar
- Deep dive into Apache Pulsar Architecture
- How Apache Pulsar overcomes the Apache Kafka limitations
- How Apache Pulsar can act as Pub/Sub streaming as well as Queuing System.
- Apache Pulsar Functions
- Basic understanding of queueing and pub/sub systems.
Yuvaraj is passionate about building scalable & highly available platforms. Have built 2 products from scatch as founding engineer and one have been acquired. He strongly belives that 90% of the problems can be solved with simple product architectures. Right now he leads Beam platform team @NutanixBeam. Loves golang, distributed systems and avid coder.