The Fifth Elephant Winter edition starts at 9:30 am; live stream for members This update is for participants only
##The eighth edition of The Fifth Elephant will be held in Bangalore on 25 and 26 July. A thousand data scientists, ML engineers, data engineers and analysts will gather at the NIMHANS Convention Centre in Bangalore to discuss:
- Model management, including data cleaning, instrumentation and productionizing data science.
- Bad data and case studies of failure in building data products.
- Identifying and handling fraud + data security at scale
- Applications of data science in agriculture, media and marketing, supply chain, geo-location, SaaS and e-commerce.
- Feature engineering and ML platforms.
- What it takes to create data-driven cultures in organizations of different scales.
1. Meet Peter Wang, co-founder of Anaconda Inc, and learn about why data privacy is the first step towards robust data management; the journey of building Anaconda; and Anaconda in enterprise.
2. Talk to the Fulfillment and Supply Group (FSG) team from Flipkart, and learn about their work with platform engineering where ground truths are the source of data.
3. Attend tutorials on Deep Learning with RedisAI; TransmorgifyAI, Salesforce’s open source AutoML.
4. Discuss interesting problems to solve with data science in agriculture, SaaS perspective on multi-tenancy in Machine Learning (with the Freshworks team), bias in intent classification and recommendations.
5. Meet data science, data engineering and product teams from sponsoring companies to understand how they are handling data and leveraging intelligence from data to solve interesting problems.
##Why you should attend?
- Network with peers and practitioners from the data ecosystem
- Share approaches to solving expensive problems such as cleanliness of training data, model management and versioning data
- Demo your ideas in the demo session
- Join Birds of Feather (BOF) sessions to have productive discussions on focussed topics. Or, start your own Birds of Feather (BOF) session.
##Full schedule published here: https://hasgeek.com/fifthelephant/2019/schedule
For more information about The Fifth Elephant, sponsorships, or any other information call +91-7676332020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Using ML for Personalizing Food Search at Go-jek
Session type: Full talk of 40 mins
GoFood, the food delivery product of Gojek is one of the largest of its kind in the world. This talk summarizes the approaches considered and lessons learnt during the design and successful experimentation of a search system that uses ML to personalize the restaurant results based on the user’s food and taste preferences .
We formulated the estimation of the relevance as a Learning To Rank ML problem which makes the task of performing the ML inference for a very large number of customer-merchant pairs the next hurdle.
The talk will cover our learnings and findings for the following:
a. Creating a Learning Model for Food Recommendations
b. Targetting experiments to a certain percentage of users
c. Training the model from real time data
d. Enriching Restaurant data with custom tags
Our story should help the audience in making design decisions on the data pipelines and software architecture needed when using ML for relevance ranking in high throughput search systems.
- Brief about Speaker and GoJek/GoFood
- Architecture considerations
- Modelling search as a relevance problem
- Creating Machine Learning Model for Personalized Search
- Aggregating real time customer interaction data
- Tracking Performance of the model
- Training current model with real time data points
- Enriching Restaurant Data with custom metrics
- Road Ahead for improving search experience
No pre-requisite is required for the presentation.
Having knowledge about Elasticsearch and ML will help them grasp our use case better.
Maulik Soneji is currently working as a Data Engineer at Gojek where he works with different parts of data pipelines for a hyper-growth startup. Outside of learning about data systems, he is interested in elasticsearch, golang and kubernetes.